Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski the whole 2017 season in Switzerland for Free

Poster: A snowHead
@maggi, I may be an аrѕе . . . but I am gentleman аrѕе . . . I know which finger to squash my peas onto my knife with . . . and I'm almost housebroken, Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
But @Masque, next time you knacker yourself, Hurtle would have to do all the work?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@pam w, that thought had also occurred to me.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pam w, Fresh out of my hospital bed I still cooked dinner . . . whilst also stoned out my skull on Morphine Madeye-Smiley

G Cool Cool d pudding Toofy Grin Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Masque, true
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Norrin Radd wrote:
Or if you are over 50 sagadating.co.uk

Bloody Hell! That's real Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh good idea guys
Of topic spam wiil surely rescue all unsuspecting snowheads from a free ski season..
Some how I thought the general benevloence was to good to be true

N
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nixmap wrote:

I think you did hear from them in previous threads - nobody noticed

No one still looked Very Happy
Guess there are a few pages
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Masque wrote:
Norrin Radd wrote:
Or if you are over 50 sagadating.co.uk

Bloody Hell! That's real Shocked

I don't lie😇
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@nixmap, chill out, its keeping you on the front page and mostly it's humour, not slagging your proposal off.

Remember if it's free you are the product. It would cost a fortune to take an add out in the Times ski section.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There wuz I being quite serious about Winter 18 . . . I am Compos mentis enough to realise that Nix's wall is not going to fall so WTF! May as well stop banging it with my head and look for a Winter of playing a pleb from them thar grim streets oop narth . . . it's a hard accent but someone's got to 'av'it wink Though some will place me as more Wallace Greenslade than George Formby.

Well short of kidnapping Hurtle, even though she'd fit in a carry-on bag, I would need a compatriot . . . though I do question why the need for two souls now, has the workload increased by that amount or was there a bit of a slave revolt in the early years? I digress, I couldn't share with a bloke, as most of them have the cleanliness, work ethic, attention span and conversation of a teenager on White Lightning, weed and GTA5. AND it would be a little . . . well a lot . . . crass of me to troll the singles sites for a willing concu.... sorry . . . companion, so that was a tad tongue in cheek. However it is, though perhaps it shouldn't be, surprising just how many sites there are fer us codgers to get our goat on Confused

So Nixbabe, stop the flouncing, at least you're still on the first page and not been banished down to the chalet section. . . Do they still have white tie events in Gastaad, I haven't worn my tails in years and by 18 I may just fit into them.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@nixmap, off topic, but if your lass ever joins this wee midden her name should be 'snowdancer'. bit of a wayward left arm but very elegant.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Masque wrote:
has the workload increased by that amount or was there a bit of a slave revolt in the early years?

Do they still have white tie events in Gastaad.

Apart form making the work easier, Couples keep each other company better. A full season in the mountains with nothing to do but ski alone can result in cabin fever .
Besides it makes the toga parties more interesting..
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
And we can guess who comes as Caligula . . .
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Back to being serious for a moment . . . well I can but try . . . we of, shall we say, a marginally more experienced generation are often quite content within our own company and well able to find skiing compatriots if we feel the need and many of us find a gift in solitude and time to spill some of the ever deepening list that seems to forever threaten to slop over our 'bucket'. Besides, if the workload is as dulcet as you, have repeatedly, describe then indicating a desire for a couple is just a little disingenuous Puzzled

It also restricts the opportunity for your Majordomo (hmmm... I cannot think of a female Latin or inoffensive Spanish equivalent) to invite select company to spend a week or two at his or her expense and without intrusion to the Nix Family.

Could also grant me the opportunity to scratch beyond the castrated cat mode of my viola repertoire . . . though the size of my hands has had recommendations that I really would be more comfortable fingering a cello . . . jeez rolling eyes it's bad enough schlepping a snowboard bag through airports...
ski holidays
Masque wrote:
Besides, if the workload is as dulcet as you, have repeatedly, describe then indicating a desire for a couple is just a little disingenuous Puzzled ...

No not in the slightest, and maybe you should stop thinking about workload and exploitation, and start thinking positively about having a great time helping out a friendly family of snowheads for a season
ski holidays
@nixmap, Did I say
Quote:
exploitation
? No, but your reasoning for a
Quote:
couple
certainly could be described as disingenuous if all that's required is to
Quote:
have(snip) a great time helping out a friendly family of snowheads for a season
You could remind us of what
Quote:
helping out
actually entails . . . in the most general of terms of course. That might help you generate a little more traffic to your offer.
latest report
@Masque, you definitely need a skiing partner otherwise who's gonna call the medics? Laughing
ski holidays
@Masque, either apply, or leave the thread alone ? It seems to me that you have taken the first opportunity to 'jump' on something that @nixmap has said ?? Perhaps it's just me, but that's how it appears.
snow report
@Timberwolf, Not dissing Nix and I will be looking to spend the 17/18 winter on a mountain somewhere/anywhere. Nixbabe needs to be just a bit more upfront about what he expects for 'Ski(ing) the whole 2017 season in Switzerland for Free'. And it does keep him 'front and centre' in the forum. Also I'm sure I'm not the only one curious about the uplift to wanting a couple now.

@spyderjon, I'll be my own 127 hours . . . sawing my leg off to avoid the 500€ sleigh ride to the med centre . . . NTNs will be hitting eBay today Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Fair enough, maybe we should hook up 😉 ?
ski holidays
Masque wrote:
I am Compos mentis enough to realise that Nix's wall is not going to fall so WTF! May as well stop banging it with my head

Masque wrote:
Tap tap tap

Puzzled
latest report
Quote:

Nixbabe needs to be just a bit more upfront about what he expects for 'Ski(ing) the whole 2017 season in Switzerland for Free'.

No they don't get over it.
snow conditions
geeo wrote:

No they don't get over it.

Isn't that the fun of Snowheads?

Cant help thinking that Masque reminds me of Krytens spare head three
snow conditions
@nixmap, There you go, you can't be all bad if you're a 'Dwarfer' . . . Oh crap! Caligula wuz in RD . . . that does explain the 'toga' reference Shocked
snow report
Masque wrote:
. Also I'm sure I'm not the only one curious about the uplift to wanting a couple now.

Theres no uplift from the previous posts about why a couple is better

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=52565#1253168

This was a classic. Especially the piece about training on my wood

pile.

Toofy Grin

N
snow conditions
@nixmap, Actually I'm not adverse to preping timber for the Winter, I live in a quite rural part of America and as part of my leg rehab have cut, split and stacked 60 cords for my landlord's Winter furnace. I'm of the opinion that the older I get the harder I have to work to stay fit and active. OK the cutting was courtesy of Husqvarna but the rest was maul and hammer (old skool(sic)). Is it odd, well perhaps not in reading back through this odyssey that in reality there is quite a substantial workload in preparing for your visits and keeping the property up to scratch. Don't worry, I'm not complaining just being realistic. I grew up around hotels and catering and can still see the burn scars on my hands and arms from feeding my grandmother's rotary sheet iron. Just from personal experience, keeping a property clean and ready for guests is not an insignificant task . . . though that does depend on the definition of 'clean and ready' . . . I'd be surprised if yours is of a greater standard than mine . . . though that may be part of your requirement for a couple, as a task shared is a task (greater than)halved . . . actually I know that two people in domestic service are capable of completing the equivalent of three within the same timeframe. (go look up the work studies, as I rather think you know that) . . . and essentially a couple will have and clearly perceive more "free" time to go skiing than a singleton with the same workload. I'd like to call you mendacious on that but the emotional quotient is essentially neutral (pax).
Should I postulate that you too are on a learning curve, by splitting the workload your 'guests' will enjoy far more free time?
snow report
Timberwolf wrote:
Fair enough, maybe we should hook up 😉 ?

Only if you know how to clean a toilet properly and remember the rules of 'silver service' . . . though I will accept the ability to bake a Salmon en Croûte with crisp pastry and the contents NOT pink cardboard Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Masque, we'd be just like a proper couple because I don't understand what you're saying half the time wink
latest report
Timberwolf wrote:
@Masque, we'd be just like a proper couple because I don't understand what you're saying half the time wink

Classic.
latest report
Quote:

I grew up around hotels and catering and can still see the burn scars on my hands and arms from feeding my grandmother's rotary sheet iron.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Snowheads gold. And those burns would have been all the more painful on fingers squashed by the mangle.
ski holidays
Actually the workload has gone down.
There is no clearing the drive any more.

Its now heated. snowHead
snow conditions
Masque wrote:
[b] You could remind us of what
Quote:
helping out
actually entails . . . in the most general of terms of course. That might help you generate a little more traffic to your offer.

I thought that the OP said quite a lot what did I miss?
ski holidays
Will his linen ironing skills be required, for example? wink
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Will his linen ironing skills be required, for example? wink

Only if he brings his own rotary iron....!
snow report
@pam w, my right index finger is flatter and wider than my left . . . wanna guess why? rolling eyes

I swear, Granny was the role model fer Mrs Wackford Squeers Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Texting?
snow report
Have you downsized? I seem to remember that last year there were 2 chalets involved although I could be wrong.

I would be interested in applying but the person I would invite to join me doesn't ski, would prefer to hire a cleaner, only has the ability to burn water in the kitchen and (after a period of working in Zurich) has developed a deep dislike for the Swiss.

Good luck anyway. I will keep watching the developments on this thread
snow report
This place is Marcellus's website is advertising a self contained 42 sq metres place for 2 near Les Carroz for http://livetheseason.com/property_details.aspx?id=Carr%200006

£3000 for the season, £1500 each for a couple. At the current UK private domestic cleaner rate of about £12 an hour (more in expensive places, less in cheap ones) that's 125 working hours. For a season of 18 weeks that's around 7 hours a week. For a season lift pass (very good value for the whole of the Grand Massif area) add about 2 hours a week. I have no idea how the skiing available in the GM compares to the ski pass being offered by the OP because he hasn't provided any details.

So, if this deal involves, say, 4 hours work a week for each person it's a great deal. If it involves more than 10 hours a week and/or is a very restricted ski area, it's not. Personally, I'd rather cram in some overtime beforehand and ski the season without having to dance to anybody else's tune.
snow report
And of course, for anybody for whom the opportunity cost of their time is more than £12 an hour it's probably a bum deal anyway. wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy