Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lidl - too cheap to be any good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I have spotted a helmet on sale in Lidl and I am wondering if anyone has one? It seems OK but I don't know much about the right type of helmet, brand comparison etc it just seemed like such a bargain - too good to be tru?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have also spotted a Giro helmet on sale here
https://www.pricedropdonkey.com/cheap-sports-and-leisure/winter-sports-deals

Any good?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@GimmieSnow, The best helmet for you is the one that fits your head. All will conform to minimum safety standards, though no doubt some are better than others.

I've not seen the Lidl one, but my bf has a matt finish Giro one and the coating has flaked off so it looks a bit scruffy nowadays Confused
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seems odd that Lidl would have wintersports helmets in now unless its a bin load of sell off everything we've leftover in hard goods in the last year type clearance. Their helmets are fine - TUV rated - I spoke to a guy once who does a lot of sourcing in China and he says he knows exactly where they are made and which brands are made in the same factory.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OH had one. It was fine. And if you don't want to advertise the brand name, you can put a snowHead sticker over it!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@GimmieSnow, My children have Aldi helmets and the build quality certainly seems to be pretty good. I'd assume Lidl are much the same.

The more upmarket manufacturers boast all sorts of pseudo-technical advances. Some of them may be genuine improvements, but I suspect a great many of them are not.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@GimmieSnow, als Long als it conforms to the CE Mark regulations it will be legal . The fact that they are clearing outleft over from the 2015/2016 Stock. The Lidl Stuff sells out faster thant he Aldi stuff over here but both companies offer good deals particularly for kids stuff. Germans and Austrians place ahighworth on VFM
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jnr skied with a Lidl one for a good number of years until this year. As @maggi he just covered it in stickers and took off the (removable) ear covers to make it look a bit more park dude like.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
@GimmieSnow, als Long als it conforms to the CE Mark regulations it will be legal.

Just don't think that because it's legal, it will offer the same level of protection as all other helmets. As pointed out, a lot of the advantages to more expensive options aren't necessarily to do with the level of protection (weight, venting, audio compatibility etc) but there are definitely some differences.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@el nombre, I work in regulatory affairs so unlike some here I understand the regs. Any falsification is hammered here and a chain like Lidless would do their reputation untold damage if it came out.
But it does appear to me that the British penchant for looking down their noses at places like Aldi and Lidl, while praising low-end suppliers like Decatholon
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Personally I use Lidl all the time (as it's the closest supermarket) the only downside I have found is that some of their "Fresh" veg doesn't seem to have as long a shelf life as their rivals, everything else tends to be both excellent and vfm, this includes everything from bread and cheese to power tools.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@D G Orf, I think s lot depends on the franchisee as they order to their particular client-base. I find Aldi fruit and veg better and longer lasting on the whole. My local Real Hypermsrkt I'd by far the worst! I've bought salad and fresh fruit that were off the next day Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My Lidl helmet has done a ski season and several weeks since. It has had a number of minor bumps and a cracking thump this year and my brains remain intact. The latest thwack along with the fact that it misses on stylish loveliness, will mean it is replaced for next year. It's done well and I feel I've an excellent return of my £12.99 (I think) investment.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy