Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Waterproof leggings - help !!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hiya,
I'm after a pair of waterproof leggings or tight fitting trousers for my 6 year old daughter to wear on the dry slopes over summer as the spray wets her normal leggings and it's too warm for her ski trousers. I'm looking for tight fitting as she will not wear tracky bottoms or anything similar, very fussy girly girl !!! Has anyone got any suggestions where I voila get some please ?
Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kids' winter cycling "tights" (leggings) with a waterproof finish might work?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not exactly tight but the mushette uses these
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't forget that there should be nothing inside her boots but socks - and feet, of course.

Also, some protection in case of falls would be useful - that nylon can be vicious.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
my daughter has always just worn a pair of waterproof trousers from go outdoors during th summer
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A lot of the girls just ski in leggings. They change just when they come off the slope. As you say, during the summer it isn't exactly cold.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Familyfuntimes,
not sure you can get anything that is truly waterproof and tight - reason is that you need a bit of air circulation to make the breathability work or you will be sweating in a plastic bag.

Best option may be something which stays warm when damp. I'd suggest fleece tights with a smooth face. you can get them from climbing companies (RAB, Mountain Equipment) but not sure about child sizes. Cheaper option may be cycling gear where you can get non-padded, waist (i.e. not bibbed) tights designed to be pulled over cycling shorts in winter. The fabric tends to be called "roubaix"
some options here https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/childrens_clothing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for everyone's replies !! I will have a look at the links and if not she will just have to carry on changing afterwards. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for everyone's replies !! I will have a look at the links and if not she will just have to carry on changing afterwards. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy