Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance for Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Just paid a deposit for Canada next year so thought I'd better look at insurance.

We're planning on skiing and snowboarding.

We usually go with BMC but they add an additional fee if we want to snowboard there (they don't do that for Europe)- Can't believe how much they add on- £218.49 for the couple policy- making the cost for a 10 day trip for the two of us £707.90 Shocked Shocked (only skied last time we went to Canada)

So any recommendations for reasonable insurance that would cover both skiing and snowboarding that doesn't cost almost the same as the flight?! rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try https://www.mpibrokers.com/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow. I guess that's why I self insure. They do have public health care there, it's not the USA if you're planning to spend the rest of your life in hospital there.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
philwig wrote:
Wow. I guess that's why I self insure. They do have public health care there, it's not the USA if you're planning to spend the rest of your life in hospital there.

The public health care is for Canadian citizens. When I had to go to Banff Hospital for a dislocated shoulder I got excellent treatment (once they had my credit card details Laughing )

(I subsequently claimed the hospital bill on my travel insurance). Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Any annual travel po!icy will cover you for inbounds within resort bou ndaries for around £40-50.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try All Clear Travel
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for suggestions will check them out
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We had basic (european) travel insurance through our bank account.

We changed the bank account (at the same bank) to one of these that you pay a fee every month. We pay £10 premium a month and this increases it to worldwide AND winter sports cover automatically. So that covers our Canada snowboard trip and any other holidays through the year. It also pays for our mobile phone insurance and car breakdown for both our cars. So it's worthwhile for the extra £120 a year.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@SnowboardVicky, wow might be worth calling my bank!

Just got A quote for £128- that's more like what I remember paying last time.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bank account cover will cover most peoples requirements, 'in bounds', at little cost.

Canadian hills have a different interpretation mostly of 'off trail/piste' riding, than Europe, you're normally covered for most 'in bounds' inside the perimeter tape unless it's specifically excluded, but check prior. A 'Black Diamond' on the map often relates to an general area rather than a run as such.

Back country isn't, so go tooled up.

Where you going?

[Normal internet advice caveats apply, blah blah .....]
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@BCjohnny, need to check though. Lloyds gold cover was only Europe till earlier this year..
P.s. hope you are doing ok
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
[Hey pet ........ yes thanks, back on a board after three years. Rode at about 90% and no warning lights came up on the dash, lol. Long journey, but you appreciate it all the more as a consequence. How's the leg?]

Sorry, yes, my Lloyds Platinum cover is worldwide IIRC?

For 'Europe' join the AAC (~£45) as well, not sure if it's got the legs for NA, even though you're covered?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@BCjohnny, yes your platinum is world wide. Glad you are back riding..3 years...wow but you got there . Leg as good as it's going to get thanks but I've turned into a gym bunny...which was a tad unexpected, so sking better and stronger than before
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Glad to hear it.

I'll show you my scar if you show me yours ...... lol.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@BCjohnny, ha ha..it's there in my apres zone blog. It's faded to almost nothing
ski holidays
So's mine.

One day the world's ending and three years later it's just a faint scar .......
latest report
@BCjohnny, as it should be x
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy