Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bobble hats or beanie ??

Poster: A snowHead
The past few years ive been wearing bobble hats back in the UK and on my ski trips.
My wife and a few of her friends still wear the the hats with the fur bobble but i havent seen any men wearing the bobble hat.
I normal buy a new hat for each ski trip ,is the bobble now out ??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No shame in bobbling the bobble. Still regret losing my Whitelines Ping-style bobble though I have a very lairy Crochet bobble for when I'm feeling exhibitionist.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A bobble will give you more protection than a helmet. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I saw a few men in bobble hats this season; they were all elderly Frenchmen.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I always wear a bobble hat.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Plenty of bobble hats on blokes in Tignes. Mine goes on when its really cold otherwise its the Tilley Tec Wool
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All about rocking one of these!

https://www.barts.eu/product/wilhelm-beanie-dark-heather/
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bobble. Even if it doesn't have one - beanie is just a daft US name for a woolly hat snowHead snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Beanie, a made up name for a bobbleless bobble hat. Ignore fashion, have what you want. Fashion is started by people who ignore current fashion. Make sure your wife is happy though!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@wasley, bobble hats on men have been out of fashion for years, however this year they have made a come back on the slopes, so you are now bang on trend!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bobble hats are fantastic, I always think beanies look a bit like a condom on my head!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Always been a big fan of the bobble, but haven't found one I liked for ages. Gone with a dale tall merino job in red that gives me a slightly smurfish look Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Make sure your wife is happy though!

A nice general thought but please explain the relevance to headwear.

Two years ago I was stood in a queue at the lift pass office in Tignes and noticed 3 other people wearing an idendical bobble hat to mine
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have a new bobble hat this year. Helmet on slopes, but this off. Here it is looking at a veggie pie.

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think my 13 year old daughter looks quite sweet in a bobble hat (although she wears a helmet for skiing). Adults not so much. But it sounds like you really enjoy buying a new bobble hat so you shouldn't stop!
ski holidays
Bobble-less for me. (& we call it a "dut" round here wink )
latest report
Do what you want. You are an adult! Who care what you look like as long as you are warm and happy (safe maybe another thing with most people wearing helmets... so don't collide with them).

Personally I wear a helmet and an Ice breaker merino beanie if outside at cafes (folds into the pcket). I have loads of nice hats but find the helmet much preferable on the bonce skiing.
latest report
wasley wrote:
The past few years ive been wearing bobble hats back in the UK and on my ski trips.
My wife and a few of her friends still wear the the hats with the fur bobble but i havent seen any men wearing the bobble hat.
I normal buy a new hat for each ski trip ,is the bobble now out ??

Bobble for me though I am now a helmet convert. Looks good with goggle but less good without.

No idea if peaked beanies are still a think but having seen a mid 40s project manager at work rock up in golfing attire and a peaked beanie, I guess, if they are still in fashion, their time is numbered......
ski holidays
I have a wool hat with a tassle that hangs from where the bobble would be. It bounces around when I ski. I love it. It was my wife's but I borrowed it and never gave it back. I have no idea if it is in fashion or was once.
snow report
What is this 'fashion' of which you speak? Puzzled Twisted Evil Cool
snow report
It all comes down to how you look in it. Certain people can buy the 'coolest' most expensive beanie/bobble hat and still look like an accountant/engineer/IT geek. Bobble hats can absolutely be cool as can beanies. But you can polish a turd as they say... Laughing
snow conditions
This week I will be wearing a bobble, a beanie and probably a headband, although not at the same time.

Does it matter what’s on your head? Perhaps I missed the memo.
latest report
I have many bobble hats to go with the many of my ski suits.
snow report
@Disaster, I hear you.

I'm worse than the wife.

I didn't used to wear hats but the receding hair has necessitated their use Happy

ALWAYS Bobbles! I luck bad enough in hats, the bobbles make me look cool, as does the colour co-ordination - it's a must! (Along with matchy matchy Oakleys) 😂😂😂
snow conditions
Thanks All

Looks like ill be ordering a new bobble hat .
The bobble hat is just for the apres ski ,I wear a helmet on the slopes
ski holidays
Personally love a bobble!!! If you are looking for a new hat I would recommend boax.co.uk. No affiliation just have bought lots from him!! You can choose how you want it.
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
This week I will be wearing a bobble, a beanie and probably a headband, although not at the same time.

Does it matter what’s on your head? Perhaps I missed the memo.

Ehhhhh this is snowHEADS of course we're obsessed by the latest millinery trends!
Mind you a headband Puzzled are you running some retro clinics, I'm looking forward to the 210 skinnies with a onesie gracing Mount Hemel this season
ski holidays
I still wear the bobble hat I had at school (35+ yrs ago) but it got de-bobbled with a pair of scissors in the 90s
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bobble hatters know they are "always" in. Bobble hats are never a fashion . Bobble hats are for life .
snow conditions
I just bought a bobble hat with a removable bobble. Perfect for changing fashions.
ski holidays
Love a bobble hat! I stupidly bought one from Dick's tea bar last year (stupid because it wasn't worth the money) but I do really like it.

Thing is, I can't find a pair of cool enough shades to properly rock it.
snow report
@HoneyBunny,
IMO....When trying to look good with ski stuff....... less is more.
See these,
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/walking-400-blue-cat3-id_8272173.html
@wasley,
Bobble all the way..... unless your doing the goggle straps under the helmet thing...then it's a beanie.
Bon sliding guys.
ski holidays
I like those shades, look better than my Oakleys, trip to Decathlon is in order
latest report
I have a Canadian ski team hat with a small variable bobble on a length of wool. You can pull it in for the taught bobble look or let it out for the flooppy biathlon look. Nice Lipton tea patches too.
snow report
@@247snowman, I do quite like those actually! Only problem is, the cheaper shades fall off my face...

I kind of like these bad boys:

http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/Bolle_Highwood_Winter_Sports_Sunglasses/?SelectedItem=687451
ski holidays
Hold on there, a beanie is not a bobble hat without a bobble, much 'longer' in my experience and needs folding (rather like a buff), I have never managed to get one to look right. A bobble hat however just seems to fit my head much better.
ski holidays
betterinblack wrote:
Ehhhhh this is snowHEADS of course we're obsessed by the latest millinery trends!
Mind you a headband Puzzled are you running some retro clinics, I'm looking forward to the 210 skinnies with a onesie gracing Mount Hemel this season
Not yet, but that's a great idea...

Laughing
ski holidays
wasley wrote:
Thanks All

Looks like ill be ordering a new bobble hat .
The bobble hat is just for the apres ski ,I wear a helmet on the slopes

For apres I usually swap the bobble for a classic cycling cap. Jurrasic Park!
snow conditions
Slight thread hijack.

Being a baldy slaphead, I like to wear a beanie under my helmet. However, they're normally a bit thick. Any slimline beanies you would recommend that do not look stupid?
snow conditions
Mike-H wrote:
Slight thread hijack.

Being a baldy slaphead, I like to wear a beanie under my helmet. However, they're normally a bit thick. Any slimline beanies you would recommend that do not look stupid?

Try a cycling 'skull cap'.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy