Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Icelantic Scouts 143 versus Spruce Mountain 120

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is there anyone here using both or either of these and what do you think of them ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
obelix67, what are they?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
google is your friend parlor Wink

http://www.spruceski.com/120.html

http://www.icelanticboards.com/at_boards.htm

Obelix, google throws up some discussions about them in various boards as well, ie

http://www.telemarkskier.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001283
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Parlor, The scouts are twin tip skis the spruce mountain are skiboards.

I am not sure if the scouts are too long for what I want.

I have just found out I will be in Virginia with work the first week of March - I think will order the spruce and might get the scouts next year, I have heard on skiboards that the scouts perform well but are quite hard work, where as the spruce are not hard work at all - but two definate different feel to the styles.

As I have been posting on here I wondered if anyone on this community had used either...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gregh, I'm a snowHead not an interweb head Wink

obelix67, what sort of snow do they have in Virginia? That'll give you the answer. If you want something short and fun try a Volkl Sumo. Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A bit flash with the leather top sheet Cool Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
obelix67, first week of March, hey? With the, uh, rather liquid snow we've been having, the outlook for March isn't rosy. (It is now 15C and I had a fine sunny lunchtime run in shorts) If there is open terrain, the snow will be artificial "granular" in big slushy drifts unless you drive, oh, 3hours north into PA, or into West Virginia (Canaan Valley).

"quite hard work" hah. My vote is for the Icelantics -if anything- because the moment you bury a tip in the spring slush you'll find out why we call it 'injury snow'. Especially in the trees. . .

If you get the scouts, get a riser like the one on the spruce.

BTW I'll be in UT 3/3-3/11 otherwise give a shout. Hmm. Perhaps you should consider of that, too. Only a 5 hour flight to The Promised Land . . .
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers Comprex - nothing ordered yet ..............

Are the flights regular I might try that on the Friday - I will wait and see what time the return flight to Switzerland is .....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
a review of the spruce http://www.skiboards.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=1391
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I just ordered the Spruce Mountain skiboards Smile snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Back from Gstaad

What can I say - it is strange - I could still skate the same.

Higher speed breaking is a bit more effort.

But the carving was unreal a lot less effort

Cruising - I need to use an analogy to describe this - you know when you have a new deep shagpile carpet and you walk about on bare feet and your toes snuggle into the warth and comfort - that is the only experience I have felt that was similar to today.

Spinning - the edges didnt catch but then they arent as sharp as the salomons I have been using until this weekend. I wasnt getting a fluid 360 working but I reckon on a better piste that I might have.

Surface change - having recently mastered on the salomons going from ice to powder to ice - going from groomed to 50cm of powder and back out was a breeze.

Turning - waiting for my buddy from work - as he learnt to traverse was very simple - a slight unlightening of the foot and you are round.

A few snowboarders stopped to have a look at them and a few skiers ask what are they and were surprised that my "big feet" were related to the big foot.

I dunno if it was the right piste to try these out on......

There were times I felt that these were sluggish despite the Not Wax coating.

I guess buying an iron and doing a hot wax on them will be the next thing.

The runs are predominantely blue - slow and gentle.

I am not sure if it was me or the Spruce that was saying come on then go ....

But there wasnt really enough sharp slope to go down - certainly could not have got my gloves in the snow on that - often near flat slope.

However my buddy on his heads, back bottom, shoulder, knees, managed 5km, he can traverse and left turn but leans back into the right turns and wipes out.

He had that I accompilished something look on his face - and he did - around a 300m cruise before sitting on his back bottom again.

I am out on Wednesday - back to Champery and some steeps - I will definately be on the Spruces.

Thumbs up....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy