Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

aosta valley

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Double Bombardino, why did you do it that way? Outside airport arrivals you get on a bus which takes you into Milano Centrale train station/bus depot and then you get onto the Aosta bus (which is as far as I remember, is at the same spot)

Like I said, I would avoid the trains where possible
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Turin is actually slightly trickier, both ways. I've had to get off the bus before town and get a taxi the last ten minutes or else take the metro
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@moseyp, because it was the quickest way of doing it and train frequency minimised risk of connections not working...cos nope bus v much not the same spot, the bus to Aosta goes from a place NW of city centre, about 10 stops on metro away from Central, called something like Lumpagno.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mad in the world now we can get so much great information Smile
From one question i have so many options now although i had booked.
Hopefully ill be able to help others asking questions next year Smile
moseyp - have sent a PM
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Double Bombardino, oh you're right it's lumpango on the schedule. It's changed since I last did it because it used to be at the train station and it was pretty easy. I don't know about other resorts but it goes direct to Cervinia. Same for Aosta.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just came across this thread and said I'd update.
Flew into Milan linate and took a taxi to lumpagnano where a bus took us direct to aosta.
Several buses a day and I was able to book using the Savda app on the way from the airport when I knew I'd make it.
We had 2 big bags, a 2m ski bag and 2 small bags and it wasn't a problem.

I'd recommend it, car is easy (I hired one to transfer family) but tolls are expensive around 30 each way and parking is limited, we ended up dumping the car at gondola and walking.
For anyone staying in aosta I would recommend bus if only skiing Pila.
If you want to explore the valley then a car if you have parking or are staying close to cable car
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy