Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tragedy at Flaine - reflections: re-joining the piste

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
When I was with BB12 this year, I couldn't believe the number of 'ignorant' (I use this term loosely) skiers who just stopped in the middle of the piste blocking it whilst they took in the view (Hidden Valley), or just dumped their skis and poles in the middle of the piste while they went into a Refugio by the side (Seceda red 'La Longia') I was sorely tempted to chuck all the skis off the piste into the trees having had to stop, unstrap and pick my way through, before continuing.

I think the most dangerous place I have been to is Le Mont Dore where the Parisienne ski, most seemingly having a death wish, with no thought to anyone else on the slopes. Constant wail of ambulances taking the injured off to hospital. Apparently at least one person dies there every season according to our host where we stayed.

Skiers doing sudden hockey stops for seemingly no obvious reason on a narrow, busy section of piste. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Tankerdriver, I believe Chamonix valley is the most dangerous based on seasonal death rates... (significantly >1 ...)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A couple of weeks ago in val d'isere I was skiing down an almost empty piste when some moron decided to start off from stationary off the side of the piste without looking up and cut right across me. I stopped above him and called out to him that he should pay more attention or he'd end up hurt. The abuse I got for this was incredible. 'I'll punch your fecking lights out you lady's front bottom' etc. I skied off and got the chair back up. Then I saw him from the chair not far from the altercation failing to put his skis back on after obviously falling afterwards. 'Wait at the top and I'll smack you' he shouted up at the chair when he saw me. Nah, got better things to do. I hope the wolves ate well that evening.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@swiftoid, nice rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, I imagine no one collates a breakdown, but I would hazard a guess <1 of those each year is from on piste collisions though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy