Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggestions please?

Poster: A snowHead
Looking for inspiration again. Planning on going skiing for a week starting the weekend of 4/5th February, with my friend who is an outstanding skier. We are looking for-

Luxury accomodation (Scott Dunn last year)

Ski Hosting

Extensive, varied, and challenging skiing.

A nice resort atmosphere, with good apres, although nightlife isn't essential.

Ideally should be relatively easy to fly to from Edinburgh and the Midlands.

To make it harder, we have to have seperate rooms, and ideally would be looking for a bit of a late booking bargain in terms of money off, not so bothered by total price. Very Happy

Suggestions please?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you want a good off piste resort, or lots of pistes to ski?

How about Val D'Isere for the posh side, and good skiing, with St Foy down the road?

Or stay in Les Deux Alpes, plenty of good skiing there, with La Grave a possibility?

Regards,

Greg
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gregh, Val is great, but we've been there too many times already. We're looking at both on and off-piste.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd suggest Alagna/Gressoney/Champoluc, but check the snow first, it wasn't good last time I checked ( a few weeks back), think the better hotels may be in Champoluc.

How about Morzine? http://www.thefarmhouse.co.uk/ is a very nice chalet with tons of character, looks like they have space - , just checked only a double, is he a good friend Wink

What about Chamonix? This is the mutts nutts hotel: http://www.hameaualbert.fr/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gregh, it has to be seperate rooms unfortunately.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try that Chamonix hotel then..........
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
last thought for the night, how about looking into Utah, Jackson Hole. Wymoning or the Colorado resorts? I got a cracking deal a few years back to Vail last minute.

Tons of snow out there in all those places.

Regards,

Greg
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have you tried Mark Warner holidays?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
St Anton, Mark Warner- Hotel Rosanna.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Knee Deep, only two days ski hosting at the Rosanna unfortunately.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

it has to be seperate rooms unfortunately.

Kramer, looking to pull then? Very Happy

How about Andorra, Sauze d'Oulx, Meribel?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm more looking to see if anyone has seen any specific deals when looking on the internet, rather than just resort suggestions please.

Plake, Andorra and Sauze aren't really our type of thing, I've already been to Meribel once this season.

Ideally we're looking for somewhere in Austria or Switzerland.

boredsurfin, we've both done Mark Warner in the past, we're keeping an eye on them as a back up, but would really like to do something a bit special this year.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kramer, Have a look at Optimumski - lovely chalet in Le Pre - part of Les Arcs. Lovely offpiste in the trees... snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kramer, igluski had some Swiss deals online last week.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Optimum ski look promising, shame that it's in Les Arcs, and looks a little quiet from the apres ski point of view. Thanks for the suggestion though. Please keep em coming.
snow conditions
Kramer, not the Jungfrau Region Shocked as I don't think you would find it challenging enough, though it's certainly up to many of your other requirements
ski holidays
Isn't there meant to be great off-piste around Wengen?
ski holidays
Kramer, yes there is but it's dependant on weather plus having a guide to show you where to go, mind you you could join the DHO or the SCGB and ski with them usually at least one of their reps will do an off piste day, sometimes both, also you can ski one day with each of them without having to join. Plenty of red runs in the area plus a lot of long runs but not many black runs
snow report
And the winner is....Knee Deep! I decided that we couldn't ignore the excellent conditions in St Anton, along with the tasty reduction in price on the Mark Warner website, which will make it three years running to St Anton for me! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy