Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car hire in Calgary?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any (good) experience of car hire companies in Calgary other the the 'majors' at the airport? I have been going to Calgary for about 10 years and have used Hertz, Budget, Thrifty etc but am constantly disappointed with screwed up bookings such as wrong type of car, missing ski racks, wrong price etc etc and they really don't seem that great a price. So this time I thought I might try a smaller local outfit and see if I can get better service, any suggestions?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
solarfish, I think ours was with Alamo, and we had no problems. We were even offered an upgrade, but declined as the one we were meant to get was HUGE!!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haven't used them ex Calgary (we usually fly into Vancouver) - but we've always got very good deals from [url=http://www.wheelsabroad.com/price_check.php?country_id=1®ion_id=1&location_id=1]Wheelsabroad[/url] (despite the nmae, they're a Canadian outfit). In general they don't run their own fleet - but have arrangements with the other operators, but they somehow seem to be able to get much better prices - especially for what we usually look for which is a small 4x4.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I looked through the phone book at the airport and found one about 2 miles away - on the left as you drive into Cal. Was cheap - decent car - no probs. On return just left car and posted keys through letter box. The woman there gave me a cheap cab number to get back to the airport when we dropped the car off. Can't remember the name though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
solarfish, I haven't had any problems at the airport with the majors. The only one I've used other than those you mention is Alamo who were fine. M yexpereince of off airport hire is that it adds more than I expect to the journey time, even if it's close to the airport, and it's the last thing you need after 8 hours on a 'plane.

You can hire locally, at least you can in Banff, which might suit you.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys, I haven't tried Alamo so I might give them a go this time. Only 18 days to go now Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy