Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BD Quick Foam Liners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just found these for sale on Sportsdirect for £50.

Anyone know if these are designed as a DIY kit, as in will they probably include the foam and any other kit required to do this?

As always with weird clearance stuff, the SD site doesn't include anything more than a generic picture and no information beyond that.

What is RRP for a pair of these liners normally? Is it actually a good product? Just thinking I'm starting to pack out my current ones, this might be a cheap solution if they are any good.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would expect here to be selling at the RRP.

I have had several pairs of foam liners, you probably want a helper when fitting them, I would expect the price from a shop to include all the bits.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've had 6-7 pairs of foamed boots over the years, and in every case it has been a 2 person job during the foaming process. One person working at the rear of the boot, mixing the foam and applying the bottle to the boot, the other at the front, managing the flow of foam through the liner. If the flow of the foam is blocked, you can get 'explosive' results, as the foaming process is a one way reaction that cannot be stopped once started.

Boot fitters who fit foam boots regularly still get 'bad' foams, so you would have to be pretty lucky to get it right first time as a DIY job.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Digger the dinosaur, the BD quick foam is a low pressure foaming system but certainly NOT a DIY job, there are too many factors..... footbed, shell, foot, age of the foam kit (they can go badly wrong if they are out of date)

we sold this liner about 5 years ago, for one season and binned it, the foam kits have improved since then BUT we had a 40% failure rate at that time, compared to less than 5% with the brand we currently use (conformable)

if you do buy it and are looking for a boot fitter to foam them for you expect to pay around £100 for the job (if they will do it), mostly because if it screws up you will probably expect the boot fitter to replace it

for the record i wouldn't be interested in foaming it for you Little Angel
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy