Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl Half Term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks, just looking for a bit of advice.
Next February will be our last year of the half term scramble (thank God) & have been studiously avoiding France the last couple of years as the crowds just did my head in. Nice & quiet in Italy Happy
Quite fancy Ischgl for next Feb as never been & it's on my must do list, but having been spoilt on empty Italian slopes the last 2 years, how busy is Ischgl likely to be?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If your half term is the same as mine, 11th Feb to 19th Feb, it should be fine. On one small German area off, no dutch. Some of the austrian regions are off that week though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@malarkey99,
We went to Ischgl quite a bit for our feb break which sometimes coincided with English half term and sometimes not.
What made the biggest difference was Fasching which made things a bit busier. In general it was not a quiet resort and there were often queues for the access lifts in the morning and at a few pinch points, the main slopes could be busy. Equally it was generally very easy to escape the crowds and we never felt it very busy or had unpleasant crowds. Don't expect it to be quiet but neither would I worry about huge crowds, we kept on going back.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The lift system in Ischgl's probably one of the best in the world so there's generally minimal queueing, with a couple of avoidable exceptions.

The majority of people have to gondola up from Ischgl in the morning which can be a bottleneck. Queuing here can be minimised by using the middle gondola - people tend to just use the first gondola they get to, so the middle one tends to be quieter. Going for first bubble also helps - 9:30am always seems much busier than 8:30.

Lots of people end up back in/around Idalp for lunch* which leads to long queues for the shared Flimjochbahn/Idjochbahn chair station. Those aren't the only chairs out of Idalp though, just the first 2 people see. We usually skip them and take either Velillbahn/do the blue 8 back in to Idalp or red 7 back to the village (which is usually a nice, empty run at that time of day) or ski past Flim/Idjochbahn chairs in to the Hollkar valley. Either of these will see you facing terrible, umm, 2 min queues...

* Or avoid the whole issue by avoiding lunch in Idalp. The rotisserie chicken over in Alp Bella's the best thing on any mountain!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mjit wrote:

* Or avoid the whole issue by avoiding lunch in Idalp. The rotisserie chicken over in Alp Bella's the best thing on any mountain!

+1
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, great chicken. I'm not sure that half term holidays make much difference to the numbers in Ischgl. It doesn't seem to attract a lot of families, However, it is a busy resort pretty much all season but as mentioned above the quality of the lift system means that you don't get too many bottlenecks.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep, not a resort I'd recommend for someone with a young family but as OP's on his last school-enforced holiday they should all be able to...enjoy Ischgl to its fullest. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy