Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The madness of resorts closing with lots of snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Season pass buyers on the other hand, also pay special attention to the length of operation a mountain has in years past. So closing early may save some operation expense. But it may discourage season pass sale as a result.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@emwmarine, It it available next week?!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I notice that some resorts pay attention to when the major school holidays fall for their potential customers. For example Easter is a week later next season (at least for Brits) and the resort we go to in Canada is staying open for that extra week - presumably because they are keen to attract more Brits over Easter. If it closed half way through the Easter hols (which it would if they closed the same week they usually do), then they would most likely lose nearly all of their British customers looking for a 2 week Easter break. The locals are all golfing by then down by the lakes, which is why they normally close.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@uktrailmonster, do they have that many Brit clients? I'm struggling to believe it makes a difference.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name wrote:
@uktrailmonster, do they have that many Brit clients? I'm struggling to believe it makes a difference.

Quite a few Brits there this season over Easter, notably more than usual. Brits are certainly not their core audience, but there are enough to make a difference at that time of the season when the locals have lost interest. Maybe there are some other Canadian/US holidays falling later next season, but it's good for us either way.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just looked at the Schmittenhöhe Bahn website for Zell am See, they state 115 permanent employees rising to approx 315 in winter. These 200 seasonal staff need to know when they can start their summer jobs. Most of those jobs will be in industries like construction and agriculture than mainly don't happen in the winter months.
Otherwise sometimes they shut with plenty snow and sometimes with almost nothing. I think this year only 7 of 27 runs were open on the last day.
They do take the pe e though some years, especially when Easter is late and they try to defy nature with a late closure, I think in 2011 it was something like 1st May, which is patently ridiculous for there. I remember complaints on here about it from even a few weeks before as they were still charging almost full price
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lambo89 wrote:
@emwmarine, It it available next week?!

Sorry but we are going out to close up next week.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy