Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who will win on the Streif?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Hahnenkamm, certainly the most famous of the Downhill classics will be run Saturday on the Streif piste. Key to winning this race is nailing the top part from the Mousefalle jump followed by a big compression (that has crushed many men) into the Carousal Turn, then over the Steilhung (literally an ice cliff) onto the almost 90 degree right hand turn to the Bruckeschusse, an almost 1000 meter flat road. Bode could do it, but I doubt it. The favourites are without a doubt, the three sitting at the top of the standings, Daron, Fritz and Mickey. The veterans Aamodt, Ghedina, Kjus and Maier could also be key.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rahlves seems to be on a bit of a roll at the moment, apparently relishes the tougher courses and has previously occupied all three steps of the podium at Kitzbuehel. If I were required to place a bet, I think I'd place it on him.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It would be a good bet too, but Fritz is hot, he knows the piste (has won twice) and holds the record time. Mickey Walchhofer is hungary to make his first win in Kitzbuehl.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think it is between Stroebel and Walchhofer. Rahlves was superb on the Lauberhorn, but twice in a row?? He'd have to be superhuman on such a demanding course.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, I would argue anybody that can make it down the Streif in a tuck is a superman. This is Daron's favourite piste and he's won here before. Although Strobl and Walchhofer are better gliders, if you are not carrying speed through the top technical section and off the Steilhung into the flats, you're gliding ability is moot. Without mistakes, I'd put my money on Fritz. I'll make a prediction: 1. F. Strobl 2. Rahlves 3. Aamodt 4. Walchhofer 5. Ghedina.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Can anyone explain the physical phenomenon of the compression - the effects on ths skier's position and body?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Similarly how one would launch into the air at high speed off a bump, one will compress when making a high speed descent into a dip or concave terrain. It takes incredible back and leg strength to absorb a compression like the one off the Mausfalle. If the average skier tried it, your knees would go right up into your chin, you would knock yourself unconscious, compress your spine, crash and probably die. To train, start holding a tuck for two minutes, then increase gradually until you can hold it for seven minutes. When you can finally hold a tuck with a 75 kg friend sitting on your back for two minutes, you are ready to absorb the Mausfalle compression.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hywel, it's as if you suddenly gain weight, because of the centripetal force through your skis and legs, required to keep you moving in the curve defined by the cross-section of the dip. If you hit a compression whose arc corresponds to a circle of 30 metres radius, at 100 kph, your 'weight' will very nearly double, within a very short time indeed.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pundit status to me and Jacques, then! snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy