Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WhiteDot Skis are on SportsPursuit

Poster: A snowHead
Some very nice skis at remarkable prices (many <£250) on Sports Pursuit many at 55% off and not all stupid sizes !!

Not too sure if this link will work.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know! I know! Get thee behind me, Satan.

I don't need, I don't need, I don't need another pair of Whitedots. Three is more than enough for any gotdamn fool.

Mind you, those pretty, red Carbonlite Rangers....are ... are ... just a tad too short for me (phew!). Another 5 to 10 cms and I'd be all over them like a cheap suit.

Fill yer boots, fellow sHs!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
and if you use this code there is another 10% this weekend, arrived in an email from them

SP-LYD-10
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
As with the previous 13/14 Whitedot ski sales on Sportpursuit, I'll be matching the Sportpursuit prices but will also be able to offer binding supply/mounting/Quiver Killer inserts/hot wax base prepping/skins etc.

There are only a few pairs of each left so any ditherers best be quick!

Note: Sportpursuit have made a mistake on the price of the Ranger R.108 CarbonLite's as they have the price as £269.99 which is the price of the trad version. The correct price should be £389.99 & they'll be correcting their price soon.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Big Paua wrote:

I don't need, I don't need, I don't need another pair of Whitedots. Three is more than enough for any gotdamn fool.

Mind you, those pretty, red Carbonlite Rangers....are ... are ... just a tad too short for me (phew!). Another 5 to 10 cms and I'd be all over them like a cheap suit.

I take it you've Spoken to Jon about what he might have available Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
midgetbiker wrote:
Big Paua wrote:

I take it you've Spoken to Jon about what he might have available Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

midgetbiker, I've pm'd him - resistance is futile! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ha!
Well, thanks for nothing, Gents!

However, my resolve still stands firm in this case. It was the original, but sadly mistaken £269, pricing on the Rangers which also had my eyebrows twitching. As this is no longer the case, then I'm happy to remain a three-Whitedot household.

Good try though!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Phew! No Whitedot Ones in the sale so my wallet is safe!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
oooh do I need a pair of traditional redeemers for the odd deep day....
not really but at £260???
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
jedster wrote:
oooh do I need a pair of traditional redeemers for the odd deep day....
not really but at £260???

Sportpursuit only have the Redeemer in 180cm but I think I've got one pair of 190's left. Also think I've got one pair of the CL's which are well worth the extra few £.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davkt wrote:

Yep, would have been tempting....
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@jedster,
Having a pair of Redeemers sitting quietly at the back of your quiver is insurance. It means you can sleep easy, knowing you're covered for that 100-year dump or that trip to Japan that you've been planning for years.

At £260, that's pretty cheap peace of mind.....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
davkt wrote:

Yep, would have been tempting....

Jon had some, wallet not safe! One Zeros being QKed now, and he has (or had at the weekend) some ones and park ones even if I have the last zeros
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@davkt, What's the difference between the zero's and ones ?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Zeros are rockered Ones traditional camber and according to Spyderjon the only difference between the regular and park ones is the latter are around 10% softer flex, my size (180) Jon only had 1 each of the Zeros and Parks so may have a park still, not sure about other sizes
ski holidays
One email to Jon after getting tempted by the 108s on there, and somehow I seem to have bought some new skis by accident. Definitely worth checking with him before getting too excited about online deals, he had more sizes available, price was the same, but I can get exactly the right bindings fitted before they get to me.

He even worked late tonight to get it sorted, a mate and a good supplier all in the same place!

http://www.thepisteoffice.com/
snow report
@Digger the dinosaur, nice one, are they adult size this time?
ski holidays
@Scarlet, saucer of milk being delivered, I manned up to 179 but couldn't bring myself to go balls out 189. I hate skis that are too long, and I know the 179 skis beautifully. I might have found a buyer for my snowblades, but tempted to keep them as proper rock skis.
snow conditions
I flogged my 178 Preachers as they were a bit heavy and I already had some 100mm skis, mistake!
Fear not, I bought some 189 Preacher cl's early season and I recon I'm going to have the snow to ski em on come Monday when I get back to Chamonix Smile
Yeeeha!
ski holidays
@Digger the dinosaur, Preachers then? They're on my list to try this year as I was rather overwhelmed by the size of them previously. I'll start at a 169 though.
snow report
Quote:

@jedster,

Having a pair of Redeemers sitting quietly at the back of your quiver is insurance. It means you can sleep easy, knowing you're covered for that 100-year dump or that trip to Japan that you've been planning for years.

At £260, that's pretty cheap peace of mind.....

You know, that is absolutely the logic for buying them - thing is I can see my wife's face if I'm honest about that rationale. Embarassed
snow report
@spyderjon,
Quote:

Sportpursuit only have the Redeemer in 180cm but I think I've got one pair of 190's left. Also think I've got one pair of the CL's which are well worth the extra few £.

Given I can't imagine touring on them is the CL really worthwhile? Just a bit more pop?
Must admit I was thinking 180 to make them super nimble and playful but does the rocker mean that the 190 is already even easier to chuck around than R108CL 186? I'm imagining using them on bad weather powder days when you are messing about in the trees rather than spreading out around the high bowls.
snow conditions
@Scarlet, yep, have you tried the CL Preacher? Might suit you since you like the CL Director (urgh) and they definitely feel more nimble to ski. Personally I preferred the traditional, but given your tiny girlie status we won't judge you for choosing the floaty light ones, and you are clearly made of money so can afford the posh ones even if the graphics aren't as good Smile

Getting seriously excited now. Ski-minus-52 hours. The countdown begins.
snow report
@Digger the dinosaur, Only tried the 169 trad so far, and that was in a fridge so not really a fair comparison. I need to get them out on the mountain.

Digger the dinosaur wrote:
you are clearly made of money so can afford the posh ones even if the graphics aren't as good

I wish! And if I buy any more I'll have to get my own bag. And carry it. Though this thinking does align with my earlier decision to QK the F12s on the Directors...
snow conditions
Quote:

Must admit I was thinking 180 to make them super nimble and playful but does the rocker mean that the 190 is already even easier to chuck around than R108CL 186

Jup, that's fair! The 190CL3 Redeemer is my go-to tree ski.
snow report
Thankfully only last season's Ragnarok CLs so I feel £300+ richer today Cool
snow conditions
I didn't spot this post but I couldn't help myself. I wanted the trad directors but they only had the CLs in my size. The extra 20% off discount they offered on the 29th all day was what did it though; so that was about 280 for the skis. Very Happy

I think I'll be talking to Jon about some QKs and some new bindings.
snow report
Ohhhh.....shameless plug and review in case anyone is thinking of Preachers

https://mpora.com/skiing/10-best-skis-powder-skiing-guide#zHAU9PSUGp2XpyJE.97

Dot. retreats for spamming back lash.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Digger the dinosaur wrote:
One email to Jon after getting tempted by the 108s on there, and somehow I seem to have bought some new skis by accident. Definitely worth checking with him before getting too excited about online deals, he had more sizes available, price was the same, but I can get exactly the right bindings fitted before they get to me.

He even worked late tonight to get it sorted, a mate and a good supplier all in the same place!

http://www.thepisteoffice.com/

Just bumping this with some feedback, skis arrived in 24hrs, everything ready to hit the mountain, bindings fitted, and managed 4 days of cruising around Flaine over Easter. Great skis, really love the way they carve on groomed pistes and very stable on the limited off piste we found. Glad I went for 179, they were right on the limit of length I'd want in tighter spots, as I discovered in a very tight valley we came down after it had snowed a fair bit overnight.

More great service from Spyderjon and the Piste Office, definitely worth looking after Snowhead supporters when the service, advice and speed is so good. I know for a fact that Jon was working late taking card details from me so we could get them sorted in time for my trip, having had my new helmet from SportPursuit arrive 24hrs after I got on the plane I've learned a lesson there.
snow report
Loving the Zero Ones! A day of chasing the kids round the pretty nice spring snow on piste (and a bit just of the side) of Trysil and they have been great. Holding a good line in the softish snow but not budging any crossing the odd bits of icy on piste and perfectly happy thought the softer stuff and over the little kickers and rollers off the side. Easy to control and perfectly mannered fast or slow.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 5-04-16 14:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@davkt, Cool
ski holidays
davkt wrote:
Loving the Zero Ones! A day of chasing the kids round the pretty nice spring snow on piste (and a bit just of the side) of Trysil and they have been great. Holding a good line in the softish snow but not budging any crossing the odd bits of icy on piste and perfectly happy thought the softer stuff and over the little kickers and rollers off the side. Easy to control and perfectly mannered fast or slow.

Definitely one of the (many!) gems in our range, my own personal choice for a do everything ski.
ski holidays
Cracking good skis for sure, today with me aged 51 they have happily let me follow Toastertalby, 12 years old and on an intro to park course here in Trysil this week over and assortment of boxes and rails in the blue terrain park, (first time I've done anything remotely park!) and chase snowboarder Talbyem down an assortment of slopes on and off Piste including a few getting decidedly bumpy! Anyone worried about the length don't be, most of my other skis are around the 168-172cm size but these at 180 are every bit as nimble of any of those.

Oh and wonder if whoever it is owns the Carbonlite Directors I've seen in the Raddison Blu skiroom is a snowHead

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 6-04-16 18:36; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
And Backcountry UK have the R.108 in 195 and 168 for £165. The smaller size would be a total bargain for a lightweight guy or medium sized woman.
latest report
the_doc wrote:

Definitely one of the (many!) gems in our range, my own personal choice for a do everything ski.

Certainly will be my almost everything ski now! Only exceptions that spring to mind is while I'm sure the zeros would cope just fine on days of hard packed icy piste I think my Storm Inferno Races or Crossfires would be my go to for those.
snow conditions
Ok, skiing done for the week and love the Whitedots, think the only things I've preferred my Storms for would have been the the ski cross, timed and parallel slaloms I've chasing the kids down all day today! The Whitedots coped with those OK but were a bit of a handful particularly on fast and twisty ski cross course but then that is about as far as what they are built for as possible so no real complaint from me!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy