Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ladies snowboard advice....jones twin sister?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I have been boarding for 5 years (5 1 week holidays), and I'd say a half decent intermediate. Mainly cruise pistes with the family who are on skis. Happy on most pistes, and looking to learn to carve this year.

I have been riding a burton lipstick 149 for the past 3 years, it's a flat top. Great catch free ride, easy to turn. Fab through the slush and crud we get at Easter and not bad edge hold. Gets a little unstable at speed.

I think I am ready for something a bit more all mountain, to speed up a bit and learn to carve. I want it to still be easy to ride when pootling along, and good in the chopped up stuff.

How about the jones twin sister in a 152?. I am 164cm, 58kg, size6.

I did have a quick go on my sons slash happy place in a 152, same camber/rocker profile as the twin sister, same size but a little stiffer. Only used it on one run in snowworld, but it felt more stable at speed, little more effort to turn, but not too catchy.

What do you guys think?

Simone
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My Mrs has a Twin Sister, love's it, loads of grip and confidence and similarly to you, wanted something more stable at speed, which it was. My only comment would be you'd probably be OK with the 148cm. The Jones Twins ride a little longer and give more float in a smaller size with the Camrock profile and blunt nose.

Apparently there's major changes on the horizon for the Twin line for next season which could either improve one of the best board lines ever made or could make a lot of people unhappy as they spoil something that's almost perfect. So I guess the question is do you buy this year if you can get one or wait to see what next year holds.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks oxley, still very tempted. They have one in the local shop at a bit of a discount, but not enough of a discount according to the husband 😉. It is a 152 though...

The weight recommendation for both is the same, so I am hoping it will be ok. My sons 152 happy place did not feel too long, just a little stiff. Putting them next to each other in the shop, the happy place is stiffer than the twin sister.

Better get working on the husband. Will probably go for the current one.

Simone
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Does your wife think it's still ok when going slower? And in slush and crud?

Simone
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've had my twin sister (2014) a couple of years, love it for fast cruising on the piste, pretty good on everything from sheet ice to moguls & slush. Cuts through the cruddy stuff really well. It is fairly stiff for a supposedly all mountain freestyle board and I prefer a softer more freestyle focused board if I want to slow down and mess about. I'd agree about the sizing, mines a 146 and I really wouldn't want the next size up. A little more effort on one run is ok, but it's a bit different when you're out all day.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks wilko86, may I ask if you are a similar size to myself? I am 164cm, 58kg and ride size 6 Mens 32 lashed boots with burton escapade bindings in large.

Maybe I should look for a 146 or 148. My current board is 149 lipstick and quite soft.

Also, someone mentioned a capita birds of a feather? Any good?

Simone
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm a bit shorter but similar weight (lower centre of gravity is an advantage right Very Happy ). I'm a size five & have Salomon boots which seem to have a much lower profile than 32s. I ride Union trinity bindings in medium. I've never ridden the capita so can't really comment there I'm afraid. If you go for the Jones I'd probably suggest you get the 149 (I don't think it actually comes in a 148??), If you're coming on the eosb you'd be welcome to test drive my board for a day... snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy