Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens: Where to ski in Poor Viz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening all, there's a couple of family groups I know out in Vat T at the moment. They tell me they had a flat light day today and there's another due tomorrow.

They just FaceTimed us to rub in the fact we weren't there, but asked where's best to ski over there in poor light.

Off the top of my head I cant think of any sheltered areas; so other than the bar, where should they go?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mosha Marc, runs down to Orelle probably have better definition than in the main VT bowl
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mosha Marc,
They should really head into the next valley and ski the tree lined runs of Meribel, where they will find good definition. From the top of Val T they need to ski only 2 (long) runs in flat light to get to Meribel.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers guys
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Poor Viz. Circulation used to be 1.2M but now it's only 50,000.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Agree with heading into towards the lower tree-lined runs in Meribel. Not sure about Orelle as there's no trees and the high point is actually the highest point in the 3 Vallees (I believe). I normally save Orelle for a sunny day - although we did once manage to get above the clouds!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@dogwatch,

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
On a more ski orientated thread; the links to to Meribel are closed
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not a lot your friends could gave done about their situation today as the links were officially closed first thing. The lifty at St Martin said this was the last windy day though. (Not much use to us as I am now sitting in Geneva airport on the way home!)

We skied over from St Martin to Meribel with the intention of going to ski Creux first thing in the Courchevel side, but nothing other than the Loze chair was going over to Courchevel and all the signs were that the wind was getting worse. We stuck to the west side of the Meribel Valley. By 11am the links were officially shut, though we could ski either side of the Meribel/St Martin ridge and did so till noon, doing circuits off the top of the Olympic chair.
Though normally one would recommend VT for this time of year, in fact it has been far more to our advantage to be lower down as the lifts have been less wind affected. Yes, it's been mushy, but we have had some good skiing first thing in the mornings.
If your friends are still there, I think they will be able to escape VT tomorrow without the wind issues.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers Perty, I'll text them the good news. It sounds like pubs were involved quite a bit today Shocked
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sometimes Les Menuires is worth a look if there's a bit of fog sitting in the VT valley. But in general terms, if the links to Meribel and Courchevel aren't running, you are likely to be stuck with flat light.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy