Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need snow chains for Super-Besse now?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have decided to take the plunge and drive to Super-Besse in central massif.
We are touring in a motorhome close by.
.We did not bring snow chains not expecting to need them but I see snow is expected on thurs and Fri this week in that area.
Can I buy them from most garages? Would I be able to get someone to show us how to fit them?.How likely is it that we'd need to use them? Wouldn't the roads be cleared at the resort height of 1050 metres?
Sorry for the newbie questions. I am a keen skier but nervous motor homer!
Any advice or thoughts much appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Big supermarkets sell chains but choice might be limited this late in the season. Feu Vert, a chain like Halfords, might have more choice. Generally the cheapest chains are the hardest to put on and the most likely to break. You'll have to figure out how to use them yourself but it's not rocket science and there are loads of clips on YouTube. If you're going to use your vehicle for ski trips, the faster you get to grips with chains the better, even if you don't need them for this next trip. Winter tyres will reduce, but not eliminate, the need for chains. Roads are cleared quickly but will still have snow on them. Snowploughs can't scrape it all off and minor roads can have snow and ice on them days after snowfall. But it doesn't hang around long in April.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Pam
Now we are here it feels,warm and there is very sparce snow at resort level. The sky was pink tonight so I am hoping the,weather forecast is correct for tomorrow. 9cms snow expected on the summit on Thursday so we'll see.
I will say I have never seen such a dead resort! I'm not a fan of function built ski resorts anyway but it had no atmosphere perhaps because no one was around or maybe we timed it wrong.
So much rain today so I hope it hasn't washed away too much.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
poppyb wrote:
Thanks Pam
Now we are here it feels,warm and there is very sparce snow at resort level. The sky was pink tonight so I am hoping the,weather forecast is correct for tomorrow. 9cms snow expected on the summit on Thursday so we'll see.
I will say I have never seen such a dead resort! I'm not a fan of function built ski resorts anyway but it had no atmosphere perhaps because no one was around or maybe we timed it wrong.
So much rain today so I hope it hasn't washed away too much.

Besse is super though. Go to the ski museum if you get the chance.

So Super Besse is not super but Besse is Super.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy