Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

VOLKL Supersport Allstar? or OTHER?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Following limited discussion on Volkl Supersport Allstars, earlier this season, have any snowheads actually purchased or tested these?

Are they the great All-Mountain ski promised, or are they just that - full of promise, low in delivery. I am now in the market for what is termed an all-mountain ski, i.e in the very immediate market, having introduced my Rossi B2's to some 'just below surface lurking rocks' last week. B2's RIP. Sad

I have been looking at the blurb in a few ski tests and also looking at the hallowed snowHead archives for some guidance. I have not yet seen the light or had my 'Road to Damascus' - Choice and information overload. Any ideas? rolling eyes Confused

Desperatum

P.S.

Vital statistics - Advanced Intermediate, skiing intended approx 50% on & 50% off-piste. Weight 90kg, height 5' 10". Not bothered about graphics, image, etc, etc - just maximum ski performance to look & ski cool Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bernard Condon Yes I think they are. At a ski test in early Dec here I tried a pair of the Volkl Supersport Allstars and was extremly impressed with them. You will find quite them very different and a lot stiffer than the B2 which I have also tried (my wife ski's on B2's too) I found the Volkls good off piste(the conditions where not ideal at that time and I was'nt entirely comfortable off piste) and compared to the B2 the Volkl was much more capable on piste at holding tight turns etc IMHO. In the end I actually managed to find a pair of Supersport Superspeeds which would have been out of my budget if they had not been ex test ski's, I found them whilst trying to source the Allstars which I had set out to buy. My weight and height are similar although I may not be advanced intermediate quite yet and ski only 30% of my time off piste when the conditions are right for me. Whether you like it or not I think the whole range looks pretty cool and way different to "French" graphics..... bit more hardcore. You'll just have to look good and put up with it Very Happy You should e-mail Volkl and ask them for retailers in the reosrt you'll be skiing in, see if you can get a test pair lined up or something, they are quite expensive (lot more than a B2)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty, Thanks - I'm in Bourg St. Maurice for most of the season - I will check out Volkls website re tests etc. Its strange that although I have searched quite a bit, I can find very little information on the Supersport Allstars off-piste performance. I haven't discounted just buying another pair of B2's, but wanted to get as much decent information between here and Monday next. (D-Day1)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy