Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Club Med in Samoens?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Must admit this was a bit of a surprise! I'd be interested to know other SH's views/thoughts...

A Club Med Village to be built where the current La Char blue run is (below the ESF Piou Piou toddlers area) at Samoens 1600. Capacity 1000 persons. Opening Christmas 2017.

Also lots of detail about improvements and changes to lifts - Lanche will go and be replaced, so will Chariande II, and Gouilles will go too, Damioseaux will be upgraded.

Vercland Eggs Saix to be replaced.

New Bubble down to L'Ettley.

Here are some links to more info:

https://www.facebook.com/Am%C3%A9nagement-Samo%C3%ABns-1600-1249092891784232/

http://samoens1600amenagement.fr/

http://www.grand-massif.net/accueil_fichiers/utnvolet2.pdf
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
More people on the slopes doesn't sound great to me - the return to Samoens down Marmot was often unpleasantly busy the last time I was there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Valkyrie, the last page of the pdf doc shows remodelling of tete de saix which might relieve traffic on Marmottes...hopefully.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What really looks good is the creation of 8 more pistes in la combe de Coulouvrier to go with the new lanche lift, so more people but a larger area.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is strong local opposition to it because of the loss of the Char area and the very low price paid for the land. I guess this is obvious and an easy one to support. However if a Club Med is the price to be paid for all the other (to me vert desirable) improvements then it seems worth it. For me it becomes a question of if's - if they do this, if they do that. I don't think there is any real if about Club Med and just hope that the if's happen as well.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Good riddance to Lanche chair, it's the pits!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Zorrac, yes we have always wanted to ski over the top of the snow buried building over there! ☺️
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ian999, hi Ian - I didn't know Char was sold at a low price - I was hoping the money would go towards improvements in the town - a bigger (year round) swimming pool complex and maybe one of these:

http://www.skyline.co.nz

Or, perhaps more sensibly, better VTT facilities?

Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@jirac18,
Lanche is in my top 3 worst lifts along with Gentienes and being swiped on and spat off the Fred lift!

🙈
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Freestyle, welcome to the hall of shame, I was also spat off Lindars Nord a few weeks ago. Sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The other stated reason for the club med development is to preserve the valley itself as there is a risk that more random apartment building on the valley floor will just destroy what remains of the farming and indeed the whole character of the area. Samoens is suffering from building sprawl already, sorry to sound like a Nimby but apparently some incomers complained about the cowbells being "too noisy" according to our French neighbour. What did they expect!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Minnie, I actually bought a cow bell as a souvenir last time I was in Samoens - love the sound!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://www.zigzagski.com/club-med-samoens-will-affect/
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Minnie, We have people who have bought chalets on the slopes of our village moaning about the cowbells too.....and don't get them started on the snow cannons in the winter.... rolling eyes
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Minnie, We have people who have bought chalets on the slopes of our village moaning about the cowbells too.....and don't get them started on the snow cannons in the winter... Shock
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy