Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Online ski shops - which are the best

Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

Which online shops do you use when you purchase new skis? I know Glisshop but they currently doesn't stock the skis I want to buy. What are other good, reliable online shops in Europe which have wide ski selection?

I would like to buy Rossignol Experience 88 size 180 cm, model year 2015/2016.

Please bear in mind that I live in Europe and not in UK.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
matejp wrote:
Hello,

Please bear in mind that I live in Europe and not in UK.

Have we voted out already?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I live in UK (and Europe also wink)..... and tend to use Sportpursuit (UK based), Snowinn (Spanish) Sport Conrad, Exxposed, Boardershop, Sport Bittl, Bergzeit, Bergfreunde, Blue Tomato....all mostly German/ Austrian. Have also used Ekosport but have seen less than favourable reviews albeit no problems I recall.

Don't know much about Rossignol skis these days (used to have a pair of 4SV's many years ago), never looked for their kit but have seen their fat skis and they look good...... these shops may be able to provide/ otherwise I'd be googling Chamonix ski shops and emailing directly.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Glisshop one to add to the list although they appear to be out of stock of the Experience 88. I used them for my Experience 88s last summer, delivery was fast completely tracked via DPD. I have used them for a few things since and delivery has been consistently quick. One item I had a problem with they sorted quickly and efficiently.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
telemark pyrenees
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Comptoir du ski are by far the cheapest for Rossignol IME.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great price/service from Sportconrad Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowleader have them for 420 euro inc bindings. Don't know if thats a good price or not
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+1 for Sport Conrad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thank you all for your suggestions.

I will wait for another month or two, to get even better deal Smile.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
have used ekosport for a new jacket and new skis, no problems at all.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you know exactly what you want to buy, .......then Ebay.
Or if you're prepared to take a gamble and are quite flexible in exactly what you want, ......... then Ebay again.

Okay, there is really over-priced ski kit, hardwear, etc. but if you can be patient, set up the ebay searches, have a range of items you want to choose from, and are prepared for not everything being perfect, then there's shedloads of great kit at phenomenal prices and discounts. But don't expect to have great choice of prices on high demand items, for example specific Salomon, Atomic, Rossignol, Volkl skis, nor on specific Salomon, Atomic, Marker bindings, or this year's best boots. However, with some research and patient buying/bidding there are superb bargains in the Ebay mix. And Ebay is a great way to get rid of your old kit. The real trick is not to buy at high prices in the first place.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Unfortunately Ebay doesn't have Rossignol Experience 88 in size I want. I found SnowLeader offer very tempting. This year model (2015/2016) with Look SPX 120 bindings for 420 EUR... Seems to me a very good deal this time in season. I will wait for april or may to see if the prices can go lower.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@matejp, I've seen prices down to £300 in the UK for the 2015/16 E88 including Axium 120 bindings.

For that sort of money there are much better deals on other ski/binding combinations. But not if you just want the Rossi Experience 88 in 172 or 180.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
just be aware that warranty is most likely going to be void if you go through ebay...
latest report
@skimastaaah:

The "problem" I have is that this season and majority of the last season I've done rigorous testing of various all-mountain skis. I've tested:
- Atomic BlackEye Nomad II
- Rossignol Experience 88
- Dynastar PowerTrack 89
- Blizzard Brahma
- Atomic Temper TI
- Salomon XDrive 8.8
- and some other slalom and GS skis (Nordica, Salomon, Head, Rossignol and I think also Fischer)

All I can say is that i felt the most in control, easy to turn, carving in high speed (as my technique allows) and comfort, when I ride Rossignol Experience 88. Majority of the time I've done testing on pistes, but I took some of the models (Atomic Nomad, Brahma, PowerTrack 89 and Experience 88 ) offpiste (fresh powder, crud, spring snow, beaten moguls...).

This is why I am searching for website which offers the best deal for Rossignol Very Happy.
snow report
matejp wrote:
@skimastaaah:

The "problem" I have is that this season and majority of the last season I've done rigorous testing of various all-mountain skis. I've tested:
- Atomic BlackEye Nomad II
- Rossignol Experience 88
- Dynastar PowerTrack 89
- Blizzard Brahma
- Atomic Temper TI
- Salomon XDrive 8.8
- and some other slalom and GS skis (Nordica, Salomon, Head, Rossignol and I think also Fischer)
All I can say is that i felt the most in control, easy to turn, carving in high speed (as my technique allows) and comfort, when I ride Rossignol Experience 88. Majority of the time I've done testing on pistes, but I took some of the models (Atomic Nomad, Brahma, PowerTrack 89 and Experience 88 ) offpiste (fresh powder, crud, spring snow, beaten moguls...).

This is why I am searching for website which offers the best deal for Rossignol Very Happy.

If it's not too much trouble, I would be interested in hearing about the skis you were impressed with...and those you weren't. What for example, made you choose the Rossi 88s over the Brahma or Sally 8.8s?
ski holidays
Ekosport list the Experience 88 in a 180. Have bought from them and got good service.
snow report
@Old Fartbag: sorry for late response...

Regarding my impressions about tested skis:

1.) Dynastar PowerTrack 89:
Superb ski (in it's class of course) for off-piste. Best in all-mountain class for off-piste. They perform very well in moderate fresh snow, slushy conditions, late in afternoon snow conditions (moguls, chopped snow, crud snow...). However I find them little to much unstable on icy and hard snow conditions. I have some difficulties to hold them on edges (maybe my technique is not so good) due to their tendencies to be very, how to say, pivotal Smile... Several times I found myself out of balance for a moment because I lost contact with snow surface.

2.) Atomic BlackEye Nomad II. I managed to test these skis in mixed condition on piste and a little off-piste besides pistes - morning icy hard snow, afternoon very slushy snow with big bumps. They performed well in the morning and later in changed conditions but I found them to be a little too heavy to ride bumps and to use them in fresh snow.

3.) Atomic Temper TI. I've managed to test them on powder day (cca 30-40 cm fresh overnight). I could say that I didn't have problems on piste, but when I went deeper off piste, I had problems with ski floating and generally had hard time Smile.

4.) Salomon XDrive 8.8. Just didn't like them. I don't know it was due to my bad day or something else. I felt that I am not in control, slow turning from edge to edge, feeling that I am riding on rail tracks... Snow conditions were good (hard packed winter snow), so probably my bad day.

5.) Blizzard Brahma. I've managed to use them only once when ski conditions were poor and snow (artificially) existed only on piste. They performed very well, (good control, grip on ice, stability when performing GS turns with relative high speed, very responsive) and they were my favorite. But unfortunately I didn't have an opportunity to test them in fresh snow or in spring conditions, so I don't know how they perform. Maybe I will test them later this season but they are very rare bird in ski rental shops.

6.) Then I tested Rossi 88. I immediately felt difference and that I am in control. It's hard to explain but I've just have "click" with skis. I've tested and use them in every conditions (icy, hard packed snow, 30-50 cm powder, slushy spring snow...) and I found that I have some problems when using them in deep powder. I had to work hard to keep them afloat. But overall they were the best so far.

I hope that I will have an opportunity to test Blizzard Brahma again and compare them against Rossi 88.
ski holidays
EBay.
ski holidays
matejp wrote:

5.) Blizzard Brahma. I've managed to use them only once when ski conditions were poor and snow (artificially) existed only on piste. They performed very well, (good control, grip on ice, stability when performing GS turns with relative high speed, very responsive) and they were my favorite. But unfortunately I didn't have an opportunity to test them in fresh snow or in spring conditions, so I don't know how they perform. Maybe I will test them later this season but they are very rare bird in ski rental shops................

I hope that I will have an opportunity to test Blizzard Brahma again and compare them against Rossi 88.

I tested the Brahmas in good snow conditions both on piste and OP, length 180, found them a lovely ski, but like hens teeth to buy. So I ended up buying the slimmer Latigo in 184 as I tend to stay on piste a lot more than I used to. Had I found as good a deal for the Brahmas I might just have bought them. Anyways, Slush and Rubble inLeeds had pair of Brahmas in180 a couple of weeks ago, but were not prepared to do a deal on them. Pity because the Brahmas are the better all mountain ski, but the Latigos the muchbetter piste ski. You may just regret getting the E88's!
latest report
@skimastaaah: Why I may regret getting E88's? They were best all-mountain skis in the last few years (according to various ski sites)... As I said before I've tested the brahmas only once...I hope and I wish that I will test them again this season before I made the purchase.
ski holidays
@matejp

Thank you Sir, you are a gentleman...that was interesting reading.

I believe Magazine Reviews, along with User Reviews, provide a useful tool in putting together a shortlist of skis to try.....especially as in NI, our best ski shop (Mac Ski), ended up closing for good at the end of last season...a great shame, as I had dealt with them on and off since the 80s.
snow conditions
matejp wrote:
@skimastaaah: Why I may regret getting E88's? They were best all-mountain skis in the last few years (according to various ski sites)... As I said before I've tested the brahmas only once...I hope and I wish that I will test them again this season before I made the purchase.

Blizzard Latigo ...... ski of the year ...Fall Line Gold Award Ski 2015
Epicski.com .....Blizzard Latigo ...... Most important ski of the year 2015-16

There are other good reviews, but I won't bore you.........
snow report
@skimastaaah: I dont get it. Latigo has 80 cm width underfoot and their purpose is mainly to be on-piste and not like Rossi 88 or Brahma, which are 50/50 on-piste/offpiste. I can give you stark raving mad reviews about Rossi 88 or Brahma or any other skis I mentioned above.

I don't want to go into flame war about which skis are (subjective) the best, because the only way I can say that skis A are better than skis B is that I test them. And even after I tested them, I can only give my impression which are highly subjective and based on my skill level (which is intermediate-advanced skier), snow conditions and my daily form.
ski holidays
@matejp, methinks you doth protest too much ................... you really did want the Brahmas then! Toofy Grin
snow report
Just to update this thread.

I considered skimastaaah advice about waiting for good skis deals on eBay and I ended with a pair of this year model Atomic Vantage 90 CTI 184cm for 240 EUR-os without bindings.

Happy as radio...
snow report
@matejp, No charge for that service!! Good to hear you are pleased with your purchase, ....... now for some half decent bindings.

I should have listened to my own advice as I recently did not bid on a pair of demo Blizzard Bonafides with Marker Griffon that eventually fetched the princely sum of £178 plus p&p.

And Ebay is just about coming into best time to buy. Some traders are desperate to shift 2015/16 kit that's left over so they can pay for 2016/17 stuff.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Any particular ski binding you recommend?
snow report
Snow and rock have the atomic ffg binding for about £55 I'm going to pair them with the vantage 90
snow report
[quote="matejp"]Just to update this thread.

I considered skimastaaah advice about waiting for good skis deals on eBay and I ended with a pair of this year model Atomic Vantage 90 CTI 184cm for 240 EUR-os

Great deal thought I'd done well to get the same ski with bindings for £300
ski holidays
Got to add Absolute Snow in Hemel Hempstead to the list. Just bought some Blizzard Zero-G skis in their sale - excellent service
    * 30% off in the sale
    * Skis arrived within 48hrs of ordering
    * Every stage of the order process was notified by email
    * They even delivered them in a free padded ski bag
So v. happy with the whole process - just a long wait for some snow now snowHead
ski holidays
Have to recommend SailandSki.co.uk. Just bought Rossignol Temptation 80's for my wife at 50% discount. Internet price match promise. Quick delivery. Bindings set properly. Quick response to questions.
snow report
And to conclude this thread I have to give Snowinn a credit with their lowest price guarantee. I've used Snow and Rock price for Alpine ski bindings Atomic Ffg 12 (thanks dan100) to get a 20 Eur price reduction. Another gain I made trough delivery fees. Snow and Rock has 25 Gbp delivery cost (which is around 33 Eur), while Snowinn has 15 Eur delivery cost. So for brand new Atomic bindings I've paid 91 Eur including delivery.

Total sum for whole ski set (new Atomic Vantage 90 Cti + Atomic Ffg 12) was 270 Eur (skis + delivey cost) + 91 Eur for bindings = 361 Eur.

I think I made a very good deal.

P.S.: soo happy about this outcome I have to share my happines with you all...
latest report
@matejp, have you actually received them?
snow conditions
@Gämsbock: I've already received skis, now I am waiting for binginds.
snow conditions
@matejp, yep, bindings (i.e. SnowInn) were what I was curious about...
ski holidays
Should I be worried? I am no way in hurry. Even if they deliver the bindings in two weeks it will be just fine.
latest report
@matejp, depends how urgently you need them but probably not really worried. There's a couple of threads on here about various experiences with them.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2811806
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2662354

Basically a number of people finding things take quite a bit longer to arrive than they indicate when you order (my experience), or they cancel the order after some weeks having taken your money at time of order (though I believe they do refund eventually). I think the gist was worth a punt if the price is particularly good and you are prepared to wait a while.
snow report
Well have to say, last week I bought some Dynafit Radical ST 2.0 bindings - and sent an initial email re postage to the UK and a couple of other questions and had a pretty immediate response back.

Dutch outfit http://www.snowcountry.eu/

And should add, their price was easily the lowest by far.

After order, bindings arrived with no hassle, they obviously ship to a hub in the UK which then farms out to local delivery people as I received a text advising of the couriers ETA for delivery and his mobile number

http://www.snowcountry.eu/dynafit-tlt-radical-2-st.html

These bindings are going on some K2 Coombacks which I previously bought from Edge and Wax and at a crazy price, though do think they might have messed up as skis were already heavily discounted as they sent an email out (last bank holiday) offering a further 25% off the already discounted price Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy