Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French Trains 'dissapearing' from timetable

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Snowheads.

I find myself in a bit of a dilemma.

A few weeks ago, booked some tickets to get us from Geneva to Moutiers on the train (travelling on 16th April), as there was a train at a nice convinient time for uas, and was nice and cheap. However, looking now, that train appears to have dissapeared from the SNCF website, and can no longer book tickets for it, or find it on the SNCF site anywhere (12:00 from Central Geneva to Chambery is the missing one, TER 96638.). I have the tickets already, with this train details printed on them.

I rang up and spoke to someone at SNCF, who to be honest sounded a bit confused, siad that the train was not operated by them, that it might be that it is 'sold out' but that it will be running, although their response did not fill me with confidence.

Anyone have any tips for finding out whats actually happening, or ways to find if there is some engineering works that are changing the times on that day (I have had no luck seraching the SNCF site for this)? Would rather like to avoid being stuck at the station and having to wait around ages for another train, or take a massivley different route that takes many hours!

Cheers!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jonnyboy93, Hi, I have used the Swiss Timetable http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html maybe that will provide some information of help!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jonnyboy93, www.sbb.ch a better site for timetable. Certainly seems to have disappeared!

Isn't there a booking reference? Maybe phone SBB...

Looks like the earliest after 12h00 direct is at 15h00. Have a nice lunch at the Cafe de Paris or the Cazanove or on the lake...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Or try:
http://www.bahn.de/p_en/view/index.shtml
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Had a look on both SBB and bahn.de and its not showing on there, by downloading a 'personal timetable' from SBB, I has an indicator on that train saying 'not 4. until 22. Apr', so looks like its not going ot be running, so a leisurly lunch and a beer or two somewhere pleasant seems to be in order. Just means will be getting to resort a bit later than planned. On the plus side, I guess a beer will (possibly) be a bit cheaper in Geneva than up the mountian whilst sat around there waiting for access to accomodation!

Checking by the booking reference on SNCF still shows those times with nothing showing its not going to be running, as did a phone call to SNCF, though their response was somewhat vague and that it 'should be running'.

At least I guess that if the worst that happens is that we have to have lunch and a drink then its not all bad!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jonnyboy93, if you have to while away some time in Geneva, restaurant guide here http://www.resto-rang.ch/en/index.cfm?&lang=en

Just bear in mind that many restaurants, even in the center, will close their kitchens around 14h30 ...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can also try posting on questions.sncf.com - someone may be able to answer.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had the same problem with the SNCF website - a train I wanted to use was not showing. But it was on the TER website, so I was pretty confident that it was running.

When I got to Lyon and tried to buy a ticket from the ticket machines it gave me the explanation - the train was fully booked.

But your 12:00 train on 16 April is missing from the TER website as well - I think it was a mistake that they sold you the ticket for the period after 3 April 1916. The TER website shows that your next practical train leaves at 15:00 - a long leisurely lunch in Geneva then.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy