Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tech Guru Question - Marker Binding remount

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I have a question regarding remounting my marker griffon bindings.

I have changed my boots and gone from a 301mm to a 315mm. I took my skis and boots to a shop and they said that it would be better to just remount the heal piece otherwise the remounted holes would be too close to the original holes to keep the mid-sole on the recommended line.

I have always rode with the mid-sole being on the recommended line but now will be 7mm back.

14mm difference divided by 2 = 7mm.

Will I be able to feel this 7mm difference? Was this the right way of doing things?

Advice please if possible.

Thanks guys!!!

Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads.

Yes the holes will be too close if you remount both the toes and heels. The usual remount is to leave the toe and move the heel forward.

You're right re the 7mm difference but you'll be 7mm forward not back.

7mm isn't much. Some won't notice the difference others do - it often depends on the running length/camber of the ski etc.
But you don't really have a choice so I wouldn't worry about it.

What you will notice is the benefit of no longer skiing in a boot that's a size too big
Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Spyderjon,

Thanks for the advice.

I have gone up a size in boots Smile from a 26.5 to a 27.5.

therefore wouldn't i be moving back 7mm?

I guess i will just have to wait and see on the hill?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah, sorry yes, I was reading off my phone and thought you'd down sized.

If it's a piste specific ski or if you're in to the park or switch riding I'd move the toe forward as being in front of the line is better than behind. If it's a soft snow/powder ski I'd move the heel back in instead.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy