Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bonus point on PDS ski pass....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have been going to PDS for a few years, but only started keeping our cards and collecting the points a little while back (stupid, I know).

So how does this work? We also seem to have collected some points this summer when we added our mtb pass to it.

How many point do I need to be able to redeem them? And what do I get (a free day?). How do I go about getting a discount/free day on my next ski pass?

Any help appreciated. We are a family, so always get the family discount, I presume this will complicate matters.

Thanks!

Simone
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
200 points on a card gets you a free portes de soleil day pass
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Monie&Dave, Family pass doesn't complicate it much. You get 20 points for each spend equivalent to a 1 day PDS pass (currently E49.50). So for each E2.475 you spend you get one point. So for example a family 6 day kids Chatel pass at E129 would gain you 52 points. When you tip over 200 points you just present your card and you get a free PDS day pass loaded onto it. No option of a kids pass or local pass - the only thing you can do is get a free adult PDS day pass.

They used to print the number of points on the card when you recharge it but now it shows on the receipt for payment.

One complication if you buy passes on line - any points you get for buying on line are separate from the ones paid for at the ticket offices. Bureaucracy - the French invented the word!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Monie&Dave, and the other thing to remember is that you can't take the points from more than one card to get to the required 200 for the free PDS pass. We often end up with a few passes that friends have left, all with, say 120, or 157 points and they cannot be amalgamated.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Pamski, +1. They're about as useful as airmiles. Confused
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
shep wrote:
They're about as useful as airmiles. Confused

Let's hope so! The points I get from flying for work pay for my flight to Geneva for my annual Morzine trip - business class on the return leg to get 2 bags both ways. Been using the same card for a few years now so probably have a free day due (unless the points get used automatically?).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@shep, Not quite as bad as that. I do two or three trips a year and can't (quite) justify buying a season pass so we usually by passes day by day as there is no point paying E40+ per day for a PDS pass if we are going to ski in a restricted area like La Chapelle for the day where we can get a day pass for less than E30.

You may accuse me of being a tight Yorkshireman – guilty as charged.

We have a large stack of cards accumulated over the years and I just buy days on the one with the most points on it until it tips over 200 points and then on one of the days we go further afield use it for a PDS day. As the kids still get a discount (student, jeune whatever) I buy them a discounted PDS day and use the free one myself.

It’s a bit of a faff but saves a few quid.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@shep, we've had many free days over the years although it doesn't help these days that we have about 15 pds cards... rolling eyes

And we've just booked two business class flights to Brazil with miles (now miles bankrupt)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not sure if this will help us, you only get the family discount for 6 or more days, so if I use the points for one free adult day, I suppose we won't qualify for the discount anymore? Which makes using it a bit pointless?

Can we use it in summer? Not sure if you get a discount for families in summer, but days cost less.

We have 2 cards with 200 points on it, and will be a family of 4 with a 12 and 15 year old.

Any ideas on best thing to do?

Simone
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Our neighbours here are extremely hospitable and seem to have friends to stay all the time. The friends use local Les Gets passes and leave them for our neighbours who then use those for when they want PDS passes. At the last count they had about 36 of them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy