Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family friendly resort + hotel with pool

Poster: A snowHead
I've started the search for the 2017 holiday which will be in early Feb. We have two children, aged 7 and 5, both happy to ski all morning, long lunch then some easy blues or hit the park it the afternoon before getting tired and grumpy. I don't think the likes of Esprit is for us as we wouldn't use the day time childcare, instead we'd rather find a hotel that has a pool that gives us something to do mid late afternoon. We had a great week in Passo Tonale, staying at the Paradiso, we're looking for something similar, ie child friendly resort, hotel close to slopes and ski school and swimming pool of course. Italy and Austria are top of the list, I'd greatly appreciate resort and hotel suggestions.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure why you wouldn't use Esprit as the childcare is generally optional with only a few elements core to the offering. When I read the title my first thoughts were Esprit's Deux Domaines hotel in Belle Plage. Ski in- ski out, swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room, etc.

In terms of childcare the only really inclusive elements are kids high tea and "baby" listening services. Everything else is pretty much extra. At BP they will keep them occupied after morning lessons until supervised lunch at noon. That is only about 20 mins by the time they get back. You can pay for lunch (12pm to 1pm) and "power hour" (1pm to 2pm ) and they will then have them ready to go again at 2pm. If you don't want that then you can meet then straight after lessons and take them away. By doing this you are not losing something you have paid for.

If you don't want to use the listening service in the evenings then there is Cocoa Club from 19:30 to 22:00. It costs around £70 for a week but they often throw this in as part of an early booking incentive or if you pay for some other element.

I'm in Val d'isere with Esprit at the moment. No pool here but my son (8 ) usually wants to ski until the very end of the day. We did BP last year and while we really liked it the extra cost over the Ducs de Savoie wasn't worth it as we only used the pool once.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ac505, take a look at the offers in the Kinderhotel group and see if anything tickles your fancy. Dealing direct with the hotels particularly in Austria will get you considerably more flexibility than dealing with a UK-based Tour operator. The same would also go for any of the resorts in the Südtirol region of Italy. I've found Italy to be way more child-friendly than Switzerland or France for example.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Gaza,

You're in Val D'Isere? Does your lad go to school?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Budget is kinda key here.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hotel Crystal (4*) or its sister hotel, The Sportiv (3*) in Obergurgl. The hotels are attached and share many of the same facilities. Access to the gondola is from within the hotel, as is the ski hire shop. There are two pools - one inside, one outside.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We stayed in the apartments in Peisey with the kids. Lifts right outside (Grizzly), lovely pool and short trot into town although Mont Blanc was right next door if you wanted drink/meal without going into town.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Avoriaz in France ticks your boxes. Traffic free resort with excellent runs for early intermediates. Most accommodation is ski in ski out.

Great water park with all sorts of activities.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Westendorf, and stay here: http://www.glockenstuhl.at/about-us-westendorf.html
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the replies so far. I'll check them out tonight.

I know this goes against the snowheads grain, I'm not too keen on Esprit with the interaction I have had with them - quote was completely different to what had been discussed, basics incorrect, wrong airport, wrong age of children, information that we had already established was not necessary was detailed, info I had asked for not covered. So not the best start.....

Budget around the £3,000 mark for flights, transfers, accommodation, half board seems to be the norm.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We found the Grand and Petit Planica chalets that Ski Olympic have in La Rosiere to be great for our grandkids (7 and 5 at the time). Right on the nursery slope served by and easy drag, just below the ESF and other schools meeting points. Swimming pool, hot tub and sauna in the block. From the top of the nursery drag it was possible to get to the main lifts in La Ros. We were a large party of adults who dipped in and out of the skiing to help look after the kids, and it worked really well.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is the waterpark in Avoriaz still cold? 3 years ago it was so cold we had to warm the kids in the showers before leaving.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sport hotel royer in schaldming
Amazing pool and facilities in a great fun resort , highly recommended
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@HeidiAmsterdam, we don't have the same issue as they do in England. The Headteacher is supportive as she knows Oscar is racing throughout the year and I've convinced her that these weeks are part of his training. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hotel Greif in Corvara, Dolomites had a decent sized pool,opening around 4pm (plus sauna,steam room, beauty spa etc for the adults), theatre, kids playroom, Birba Club for 4 to 12 year olds.

Children's menu available. Also great buffet with plenty of choice so probably enough to placate children. Hotel mainly used by Italians so not sure how "international" the staff are.

Possible negatives, hotel not really walkable to the pistes but does have its own minibuses providing very regular drop off/ collection, only a 3/4 minute drive.. Also wasn't aware that an early dinner for children was available, restaurant opened 7.15 ish. Don't have young kids myself so wasn't looking at it from that perspective but the Italian children looked to be enjoying themselves.

Local slopes in the main are child friendly.
ski holidays
Gratuitous self plug (sorry Little Angel )
By the slopes, pool, etc, etc.
and (outside of New Year and Half Term) ski school is free

http://www.brentaski.com/pages/hotel_alp_taller_folgarida.html
snow report
We had some great holidays at Hotel Viking in Morzine with Crystal IIRC.

Kids enjoyed the slopes after dinner for sledging under the spotlights! (So did the dads).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy