Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The man who would be king

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The shame of it. Oh the humanity! But it had to happen. Pride comes before a fall. As Whymper once said, Ski if you will but remember that courage and skill are nothing without prudence and that a moment of negligence can destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each turn and from the beginning think what may be the end.

And so, after some 40 to 50 days skiing, this season, the fateful hour arrived. We'd hooned around the pistes and off pistes all day. The uber gnarly and steep Vallons with its moguls the size of minis. The border with its jumps. Some off piste on spring snow a tad overcooked by the waning afternoon sun. As always it was the last run of the day. The guard is down. One thinks of the apres bar, genepis all round. I stood at the top of the Jasse bowl. A double black run peppered with bosses stretched imperious before me. I was Hannibal before Rome.

After a knowing wink to the boy and a "watch this and learn" I launched down the slope, the bumps came quicker and quicker. Right, left, right, eyes picking out the route before me then something in my periphery, another skier, a microsecond of distraction, right, left, skis crossed and wham bam I was in the air, out of control, one binding popped, then the other and I was sliding down the slope. I turned, feet dug in and stopped in a few meters. My skis, thankfully, were not too far away. My 11 year old skied down. "First time this year, dad, can I help you with your skis?"

I skied down but the first fews turns were tentative, a steep bowl in old powder, some more moguls, then the pistes again. Not a moment too soon.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof wrote:
..I was Hannibal before Rome...

Laughing Laughing

Superb pic!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Love it Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ALQ wrote:
davidof wrote:
..I was Hannibal before Rome...

Laughing Laughing

Superb pic!

Not me, just for illustrative purposes only.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@davidof, Laughing Laughing Glad nothing was injured apart from your pride.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Class.. if you are gonna fall make it a good one Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy