Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Like father, like son!

Poster: A snowHead
Loving skiing with my boy. He's improving so fast and has and has an unquenchable thirst for jumps which is taking dad out of his comfort zone!

http://youtube.com/v/LHR93B2uQoc

http://youtube.com/v/T6wBhiQBMQM
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As long as he's not dropping cliffs..... Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Little Miss FZ did the airbag on her second ski trip. I was hugely proud of her, not just for doing the airbag, but because of HIW she did it. She's waiting her turn at the top of the run-in (for her first ever go at it) when a cocky little 10 year old goes hurtling down and completely cocks up his take-off. He smacks the back of his head on the kicker, don't ask me how, and lands like a sack of spuds on the bag. It took 10 minutes to remove the half-conscious body from the airbag with doctors called and parents fussing about. Despite watching all this happen and being next to go she still went ahead despite being clearly terrified. Good girl!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Those big airbags are really fun. Scary first jump but great after that. Only problem is the kids want to do them over and over, and you end up carrying yours and their skis up.
P.S. Looks like you need more speed and height to make sure you get round on your somersault!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Themasterpiece, yes on both counts snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Little boys just love jumps. Good to hear of a little girl liking them too, @foxtrotzulu. I enjoy watching the lads in the skatepark. So brave. But sad to see the girls mostly sitting around watching. My 3 and 5 year old granddaughters are quite good on their bikes and scooters in the park but I suspect that in another few years they'll have decided it's "for boys".

I sat and watched some kids in the snow park today. Some kids, not that good, but having a brave attempt at the jumps and rails. Pretty well all boys, though. Maybe our great British female freestylers will change attitudes.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Little girls are just little kids.

When I was little, my Dad encouraged me to do whatever my neighborhood little boys do. Although I wasn't much good at those things, I learned a healthy attitude about boy vs girl activities --- basically no difference! That at a later point of life allowed me to take up a "man's career" (engineering) which is quite satisfying and pays rather well (being a "man's career").
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good for you, @abc, snowHead The sad fact is, though, that if you look at a bunch of kids at a skatepark, or snowpark, the big majority are likely to be boys. Maybe it's better in the States.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
Maybe it's better in the States.

I don't know if it's better in the states or not since I only grew up in one country (it's not the states either, some 3rd world country that women are "supposed" to have very low status. Funny reality being, women there done quite well. So the perception was just...maybe just historical).

Nevertheless, I was the only girl in the group of boys most of the time.

The thing is, I recall no hostility from the boys. They just accepted me as one of their own. Instead, I had very chilly reception from many of the girls in my class. There was these occasional snip of me being a tomboy, or my being "too popular" with the boys (you can't get it right if one cares about what other teenage girls "standard").

Even now, as an adult. I still occasionally get this chilly reception from SOME adult women who thought I wasn't "one of them" because I work in the "other career" women don't! My male colleagues, for the most part, just see me as another colleague. They didn't hesitate a moment to hand me the heavy boxes when we need to move stuff around the office!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@abc, that rings very true. The bigger boys in the skatepark are nice to my granddaughters and considerate. It's peer pressure from other girls that they encounter as they grow up (eg to have long hair even if it doesn't suit them, to avoid sport, etc) which is more of a problem. They really want to "fit in". Sad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh dear. Round 2 didn't work out very well...

http://youtube.com/v/FMlQ-bZOk1I
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@BobinCH, ouch. Are you ok?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@BobinCH, Nice.....special times eh?!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well, he's still posting so must be alright
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hopefully just bruised pride and a headache for a few days but in the hospital waiting for a scan Sad
snow conditions
Ouch. Sorry to hear that.
ski holidays
@BobinCH, just wondering if insurance covers you for failed somersaults (serious question)?

Hope scan I clear.
ski holidays
Ouch, hope you are ok.
ski holidays
Scan clear. I was very lucky. Thanks for the kind words.

That's the end of the jumping career...
latest report
Ouch! Glad you're ok....
snow conditions
@BobinCH, hope the scan shows you're alright, otherwise I'll feel guilty about laughing and watching it twice Laughing
latest report
@BobinCH, glad to hear scan is clear. Use the excuse that the jump didn't have enough kick (not that you rotated way too early...) Very Happy
ski holidays
Oh dear... My internet connection is too slow to show the video but fingers crossed everything's in the right place. Maybe you should change the thread title. Something about old dogs and new tricks? wink
ski holidays
Ouch! That's exactly what the boy in my post above did. It's clearly easier to get it wrong than I'd imagined. Glad you are OK.
ski holidays
@BobinCH, phew!
latest report
@foxtrotzulu, I'd imagined it horribly easy to get it wrong. Top marks for courage though.
ski holidays
@foxtrotzulu, @Themasterpiece, judging by the preceding effort at a heli that i've just seen it's clear that I'm a prime example of white men can't jump...

http://youtube.com/v/Fq5QnWsPHM4
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy