Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sharing lift pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Where can we go in France where we can share a lift pass ( sharing child care ) found out the hard way we can't do this in Tignes as the lifts take photos !
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This thread listed a couple of places, I hadn't realised any allowed it

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=124068&highlight=
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you go with a pair of ZEN cards you are only charged for the days you use (at a discount and with every 9th day for 1 euro), we have used ours across Paradiski, Tignes & Val - but I think they also work for a number of other resorts.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'll look at those . Thanks
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PdS only has compulsory photos for > 7 days, so you can share those if you are only going for a week ( 6 days).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In Montgenevre you can share a lift pass, if you get it through certain tour operators, as the pass is not name specific.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@WindOfChange, @volfy. I am not sure this is the point. Passes in many places no longer require names/photos for short durations, say up to 7-10 days, but as Cubs found there can still be a problem.

I think the issue is that when a pass is used for the first time the lift access point could automatically take a photo that is then linked to that pass. If someone else then tries to use that same pass on another occasion, still within the pass validity, it is rejected.

The question is whether or not this system is used in PdS / Montgenevre? (And even if it isn't at present, it may of course be introduced next season ...)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ecureuil, This was the system in use at Borovets this year so card sharing was not allowed.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pds - does not use the photo capture system (yet) , as you can join at the la Chapelle park for example, where there are no screens or cameras. There are screen at the bottom of the gondolas and new chairs, but unless they had the everywhere it would be unenforceable.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They don't need to be everywhere - at the major lift hubs is largely sufficient. If the system is activated it is only "unenforceable" if the second person can ski enjoyably whilst completely avoiding any of those gondolas and new chairs that have it installed.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
WindOfChange wrote:
Pds - does not use the photo capture system (yet) , as you can join at the la Chapelle park for example, where there are no screens or cameras. There are screen at the bottom of the gondolas and new chairs, but unless they had the everywhere it would be unenforceable.

Many of the places that have it allow you to buy tickets/enter the ski area at points without cameras.

So long as enough of the lift stations have cameras, they will catch enough of those trying to share passes to be worthwhile, even if they miss some.

There are virtually no completely infallible enforcement systems for any sort of offence, even much more serious ones than anything to do with ski passes.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy