Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Iceland 2016

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I have a trip booked to North West Iceland in May this year - some ski touring in the fjords (cant wait!) but I'm struggling to find any reports of how the winter has been there. Anyone know any good sites (that have reliable information) for snow in Iceland?

Or better still - anyone skied Iceland recently?!?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Even better I live there. Smile

Normally I'd be writing a conditions thread here but this year I'm building a house instead (started in November will be done next week we hope) so haven't had time to sit down let alone manage photos and what not.

Winter this year has been pretty stellar, it's been one of the coldest on record, for example we've had snow lying almost continuously in Reykjavik up until a few weeks ago. Just recently we've gone through a bit of a thaw and milder weather which has definitely taken a small toll on the snowpack. That said there is bags of snow left and it will usually snow a bit during April, particularly in the mountains further North. So you'll have no problems at all.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Here's a pic I took on one of the few tours I've managed so far this year:

And the house mid-destruction:
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My boss just got back 5 mins ago from a heliski trip in Iceland (not sure exactly where).

Crazy strong winds turned into warm blue bird days (8°C) and apparently some of the best corn snow he's ever skied. No problems with depth or coverage. He's raving about how good the terrain is too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all for the comments. Great to hear the good news about snow depth etc. I will try to post a trip report when I get back - counting the days now!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bobojim We went on a cheap flights/weekend whistlestop visit last June - a half day ski touring (at the closed Skalafjell (or similar - apols for probable mis-spelling) ski area; & one day sightseeing in Reykjavic followed by driving the Golden Circle.

Loved it - a great place to visit & meh was a great help for ski touring route planning Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We're finally back in the house and had some pretty unusual (for downtown Reykjavik) late-March snow.

snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy