Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

first ski trip booked yay but did I get a good deal?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.
So after alot of research I took a jump and booked mine and my daughters first ski trip for next March.

We looked at bulgaria but after looking at the snow report for this year it looked a bit bad.

So we have settled for Andora staying in Arinsal as it's supposed to be good for families and beginers.

This is the deal I have just put a deposit on for 1 adult and 1 child for 1 week.

Flights from Gatwick
Half board hotel
Transfers
Ski passes
Ski hire
Boot hire
Lunch vouchers
£998 for both of us

We can add lessons for 5 days for an extra £198 for both of us.

Have I done the right thing?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That looks like a pretty good deal to me.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, looks like a good deal but you should add the ski lessons!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't know much about Arinsal but that looks like a really good deal. Definitely add the lessons. Which operator is that with?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good deal, was in Arinsal earlier this year and it's perfect for beginners, definitely add the lessons in.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You're taking your daughter out of school?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can add the lessons for that price right up to 12 weeks before we go.

I got it through I-ski.co.uk
I did a lot of research into them before stumping up the deposit.

Shame we have to wait 12 months before we go.
Now have to get some ski ware
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes im taking her out of school
I'll pay the holiday tax (fine) for giving my child an adventure and memories that she wouldn't get inside a class room
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@stewpot101, You do realise that this payement (which is very good BTW) will now be required every year and most likely twice a year for the rest of your lives.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ha ha.
bug never thought of 2 ski holidays a year
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@stewpot101, that isn't actually a particularly good price for ski lessons. I'd have a look at the resort website and have a look at what the different schools are offering. You need lessons starting as close as possible to your accommodation. But don't leave it too late to book lessons bit of a disaster if the school you want is full.

Check your LEA policy. If daughter has a good attendance record there might not be a fine for 5 days (10 sessions) unauthorized absence.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@stewpot101, that isn't actually a particularly good price for ski lessons. I'd have a look at the resort website and have a look at what the different schools are offering. You need lessons starting as close as possible to your accommodation. But don't leave it too late to book lessons bit of a disaster if the school you want is full.

Check your LEA policy. If daughter has a good attendance record there might not be a fine for 5 days (10 sessions) unauthorized absence.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think, correct me if I'm wrong, but there is only 1 school in arinsal.
But I will look into it further.

The little one has a 98.5% attendance record for last year.
If I get away without a fine then that's a bonus but if I budget for it then it won't be a suprise.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Depending on the hotel you booked that's a decent price.

Arinsal in march is an interesting place, about 13-16 degrees last year for the first 4 days of our trip, skiing in a softshel all week then the temps started dropping and Friday night brought 20cm of snow.

It snowed last night and there was a fresh 20cm today.

There is only the one ski school in Arinsal,

http://www.arinsal.co.uk/ is great for any info needed. some discount vouchers for apres too
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We are stopping in the hotel praline which is in erts.
I know it's about a 20 min walk from arinsal but they do run a free bus.

The reason I chose this hotel is, not only cost, but they offer a buffet breakfast and buffet evening meals.
My daughter is quite fussy at times when it comes to food.

So having a few things that she can try and not have to pay for 3 different things before she finds one she likes is an added bonus.
It has some good reviews.

It's only a Base

I'll have a look at the website thank you
latest report
Just had a look at this year's lessons
€286 for 5 days lessons for both of us which is £225 at today's rate.
snow report
Just a quick note on the ski school, you and your daughter wont be in the same group so take into consideration if she will be comfortable leaving you for a few hours a day (9-12, 3-4 is the hours of the skischool in arinsal).

If not booking a private lesson might be a better option for the both of you
ski holidays
On the subject of Ski ware. For a first trip ask around your friends and family to see what you can borrow. OR Aldi & Lidl have some reasonable gear each November at very good prices. It's not Bognor or Descent but it serves it's purpose and is excellent value. Also look at TK Max. They often have really good gear at great prices. Obviously hire ski's & boots first time but if it looks like being repeated invest in your own boots.
snow conditions
I'll second that for TX max. I got a north face jacket which normally sells for around £150 for £25.
Very Happy
ski holidays
pam w wrote:

£20 a head a day seems pretty good for lessons IMV. Wouldn't even cover the tip they'd expect in the US for an hour.
latest report
Little one should be OK when she gets into it.
She's very social and makes friends easy.

I got all her stuff from the local mountain warehouse.
Got her jacket, trousers, gloves and hat for less than £60.
All 2 sizes to big so should last a couple of seasons. Fingers crossed.

Just got a jacket of Ebay for me.
A Quicksilver one that was only used for 1 week for £18.
Going to keep an eye out at tk max ect over the summer ect to try and grab a bargain or 2.

Thanks for all you help people
latest report
@stewpot101, buy a spare pair of gloves. Get some hand warmers on eBay. Goggles and a snood help keep them warm. A slightly roasted child is much happier than a cold wet one.

Have a good one.
snow report
Ski wear in TK Maxx normally only appears from September onwards.
ski holidays
Mountain ware house is 80% off at the moment.
snow report
I know some folk can't be bothered with it, but skiing and ski-wear is one of the few categories on eBay where you can still get unbelievable bargains. Great for buying,not so much for sellers.
latest report
@stewpot101, I'd book the lessons if that's the price for 2. Tuition in Andorra is very good from my experience. +1 on extra gloves and snood, it can get a bit chilly on the chairlifts, great for pulling up over the face when needed.
latest report
I'm going to ring them this afternoon to get it added to the package.

I'm so excited shame I have to wait a year to go.
latest report
its a great deal
HOWEVER once you get back you will become an addict and obsess over next years holiday and sneaky ski breaks and ditching the job and doing seasons etc etc.
Youll both have a great time Smile
Best holiday ever and lifechanging if you get bit hard by the bug

What age is the daughter? Ive a load of stuff that i was about to stick on gumtree , you can have it for free if it suits
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
we've just booked again for champoluc in January.
.Manchester flights
half board
ski to door
ski carriage
transfers
wine with meal etc.
635 each....... 185 saved each..
snow conditions
Hopefully we will get the bug.
I've wanted to go for years but always thought that it was going to cost a fortune.
How surprised I have been.

Got fed up with laying on a beach or by the pool for a week feeling like I haven't achieved anything.

Both me and my daughter hate being stuck in the same place every day but my missus can lay by a pool in the same spot for 2 weeks.
Hence the reason it's just me and little one going.

My daughter is a very tall 7 year old.
For example she has to ware 10 year old yo trousers.
that would be very generous of you and very much appreciated.
snow report
@stewpot101, it's not too late for this Easter.... wink
ski holidays
It's not to late but I don't think the bank account could handle it.
Nice thought though Laughing
latest report
@stewpot101,
Sent ya a PM.
snow conditions
@stewpot101, for ski gear try Decathalon great value but may not have much stuff left this time of year. And I second the shout for aldi they only stock it once a year and it's usually early December and it sells fast.
You will both be hooked. I'm just back from my 4th ski trip this season.
That sounds like a pretty good price.
Definately take the lessons and don't wait until last minute to book them as may be full up.
Enjoy
snow report
Hi all
Just a quick update
I've just added the ski school onto the booking.
Mon-Fri mornings 3 hour lessons for an extra £192.
Total holiday cost £1190
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy