Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Humour me please..

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, I booked the ski train for the famile - we arrive into bourg st Maurice shockingly early on Saturday. I thought I had a plan - jump a cab up the mountain to courchevel 1650, dump our bags at reception, get to aqua motion for a bite to eat then a long swim. According to the husband, I am an idiot (possibly right..). Reception opens @ 9.00 and aqua motion opens @ 10. Help is required as I will have a slightly sleep deprived 3 and 5 year old.

Does anyone have the lowdown on: open places in bourg or courchevel 1650 or later praz early morning where we can relax?
Ski/luggage lockers if no open places?.

Thank you...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having once arrived via Snowtrain at Moutiers at the crack of dawn, and having got a taxi to Courchevel 1650 for an early ski, and then discovered that my chalet is not ready (obvious on hindsight), I sympathise with your predicament. At least you've recognised it prior to arrival!

Perhaps change your query to attract someone familiar with places open early morning in Courchevel 1650 where you can 'relax'.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok, I will thank yo! What did you end up doing with your time?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowtrain wrote:
Ok, I will thank yo! What did you end up doing with your time?

A bit of waiting outside, until the cleaners eventually arrived, who let me mooch around the lobby with my luggage while they got the place ready (expediting my room).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lucky you Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Why are you getting off the train at BSM if you are going to courchevel. I would have thought the getting off in moutiers wuold be more convenient.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hmm. Difficult, especially as you will be at least as sleep deprived as the kids. I think I'd make for somewhere like the Station Cafe ( there usually is one) and make breakfast last as long as possible. If the kids fall asleep, good. Is there a cinema showing any child friendly shows?

When do you get access to your accommodation? 4pm is fairly standard in France.

I hope you get some better suggestions. It could be a long day......
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The three year old will be fine in the luggage lockers, but five yr old could be a squeeze.

wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The only reason for getting off at BSM would be to waste more time in a longer and more expensive taxi journey to 1650. So now you will get off the overnight train at Moutiers at 0533. There should be taxis outside the station or you could consider booking one in advance. The taxi will take about 30 minutes. I can't remember if the cafe at the station will be open at that hour, but even if it is, it just serves into the concourse, it's not a place where you can make camp.

You need to find out from your accommodation provider if you can at least dump your luggage somewhere when you arrive.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Silly me. I meant moutiers! We will be getting off at moutiers. The current situation is that there is nowhere I am aware of to dump bags until 9. So we have a 2.5hr window to fill once we get to resort. Good to know the ski lockers are big enough for children Smile. May well fit our bags then! Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
One thing you could do is book a hotel room in or near Moutiers with a 24hr check-in facility. Then you could all dump luggage, have hot baths/showers to freshen up, order breakfast in the room, have forty winks, and otherwise waste time. You could probably survive in a double or twin room.

If you're really clever, you book a room somewhere with access to the 3 valleys like Brides-les-Bains, do your ablutions upon arrival, change into ski gear, then check-out, leaving your luggage in their luggage store. You then have a day's skiing, and at the end you return to the hotel, pick up your bags and then make your way to your primary accommodation.

If you're ingenious, you all ski to Courchevel 1650 (from Brides-les-Bains), and then hubby skis back to Bride-les-Bains, and collects the luggage - perhaps enjoying a cheaper, single taxi fare.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There's a cafe that's usually open very early across the road from Moutiers station, certainly they're often open in time for the Eurostar arrival. It's not the station cafe which is unlikely to be open.I think I'd take the kids there for breakfast. You can at least keep your luggage with you in there too. The owners are friendly and the place is kiddie friendly too. you could take a taxi to Brides and buy your left passes when they open at 8.30 if you haven't already bought them. That'll be another job ticked off.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Aqua motion is half price on a Saturday too so not the worst idea! And the weather is due to be wonderful so not difficult to spend a few hours at aqua motion.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy