Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

More 06/07 Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.freeride.nu/content/844

Shocked there seems to be some sort of collective acid trip going on amongst the designers of ski graphics
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arno, you think? ... Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The K2 Pontoons are interesting...
"This new revolutionary K2 ski design with plenty of girth could change powder skiing forever...
With super Pontoon sized dimensions of 154/130/120, these skis will float in the deepest snow."
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wear The Fox Hat, yep - a development on the Spatula, now that McConkey is with K2. I'd like to try them but not sure I could ever justify buying a reverse sidecut ski unless I moved to Utah
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OK, so how does a reverse sidecut ski work in anything OTHER than deep powder? Are they really this shape - () - or are they more - \ / - ??

I don't need skis that float, I can SKI in deepest powder... (don't tell me, broken record, I know...)

Some neat graphics though. I just hope some brave apparel designer is actually going to release some ski pants THAT AREN'T BLACK!!! - to go with these heavenly top skin designs.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Having spooled through that lot, my eyes hurt. Some super grapphics - but what happens when you wear your skis on the other feet? (for those with a 2 ski design) .................

Some unbelievably fat skis there - my new Zags are 78 under the foot, with a good sidecut and care well and are stable on piste - they're super off piste!

David Murdoch, I've seen some lovely colours lately - green seems to be making a comeback in all shades NehNeh NehNeh
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, EXCELLENT!!!

I want ski pants like my old SOS ones, a nicely faded shade of apple green. In Goretex XCR of course, and maybe with contrasting knees. Surely not too much to ask?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Murdoch, looking at the dimensions, they appear to be more \ / than anything else.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wonder what the 'Pimp' ski attributes are? rolling eyes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski wrote:
David Murdoch, I've seen some lovely colours lately - green seems to be making a comeback in all shades NehNeh NehNeh

Even this shade?

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ise, Perhaps not quite that shade Going green
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David Murdoch wrote:
easiski, EXCELLENT!!!

I want ski pants like my old SOS ones, a nicely faded shade of apple green. In Goretex XCR of course, and maybe with contrasting knees. Surely not too much to ask?

It is sort of a womens' colour at the moment, but have a glance at SMS, both the BadAss and the Rodeo pant come in apple green.

PS lovely iXRC 1400 at the man's elbow, matches my red pants perfectly.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David Murdoch, as WTFH says, I think the pontoons are \ /
the spatulas were ( )
I understand that those shapes really aren't any good on groomed snow, but work v well in all manner of off-piste conditions - basically anything but hardpack. all second hand info though!

it's difficult to see what the camber on the pontoons is like. the spats were like this \____/ (broadly!) the idea being that this would eliminate tip dive and allow the ski to be manipulated in deep snow more easily
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ise wrote:
easiski wrote:

Even this shade?

Cheek, at least I can be easily seen in a crowd! Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Saw lots of pairs of Spatulas in Tahoe especially on McConkey's home turf at Squallywood. Locals reckoned the pontoon was a more evolved idea kind of like the Burton Fish snowboard to get the tips out, sink the tail. McConkey himself had done some industry presentations locally on it can't remember what they said about camber.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy