Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs meet, Monday 23rd January

Poster: A snowHead
In a few different threads a number of snowHeads have said that they'll be in Les Arcs next week, and suggested a lunchtime meeting to say hello. Perhaps Monday 23rd January in the Flying Squirrel bar would be OK for those people who are out for the week as well those out for a long weekend.

The Flying Squirrel is in Peisey, just above the Peisey chairlift and the Vanoise Express cablecar. Easiest way to get there is on the Foret blue piste. The FS bar is located just behind the Hotel Vanoise (which is on the lefthand side of the Foret piste as you ski down). Ski to the Hotel Vanoise and the Flying Squirrel is a short walk (or ski, if snowy) down the road in a small parade of shops on the right hand side.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great,
What sort of time? midday or end of play?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Martin Nicholas, lunchtime is best because it's not possible for those skiers based elsewhere in Les Arcs to get to/from Peisey after the lifts close without a very long drive down the valley and then back up again. So, 12.30pm onwards?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'll try to make it, does depend on what the rest of my group feel like doing though...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar.org.uk, I put a thread in "snowEvents" ( subsequent to this one ! ) but have directed people here.

Great idea anyway, and The Flying Squirrel is very convenient for me Cool I'll be there.......

Presume if you're at your place, nbt isn't ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Timberwolf wrote:
Presume if you're at your place, nbt isn't ?

No, he leaves Saturday or Sunday I think.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar.org.uk, Sorry! I can't make it - won't be out until Tuesday 24th. Could possibly meet up later in the week if anyones still around.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
taxis arrive 1pm sunday Sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I might be able to make that one - will look out for sH hats if I do Cool I'm based at 1800 in a group of 12 so will have to see what pans out.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 19-01-06 19:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bernard Condon, I'm sure we could arrange a repeat performance later in the week............
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It was pretty busy today compared to the last few weeks. Actually had to queue for the Bois de l'Ours at 2000 for 3 or 4 minutes. So I'll definitely be making the most of the last ten days or so of relative peace and quiet before the French 'invade' and take over our resort! wink Any day anyone fancies a ski and a beer is fine by me... and I know Will will do his usual special rates for snowHeads!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PG, looks as if the conditions will be good for me next week, but be a good chap and do something about those crowds will you wink

Tragic news today re the avalanche, but why oh why do people take such risks Puzzled
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looking forward to seeing you all there - won't have the snowheads hat (boo - unles someone would like to sell me one on the slopes?) , but will be sporting a very fetching orange thingy baseball cap. Style points zero, but spotability level in mass of similar coloured jackets on slope: high.

This will count as my mini-BLAM Laughing Razz :

As before PG, I'll text / call you when we are settled on Sat.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob, PG, Any Others,

Can I take this opportunity to apologise for my no show on Monday 23rd and explain why. Me ( and the majority of my chalet mates ) were struck down with a bout of chest infections leading a mild dose bronchitis ( for some ) for the first three days of our trip. Fortunately, I personally only missed a day and a half skiing. We were not happy bunnies !
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Timberwolf, how nasty, seems like there's a lot of chest infections going around the Alps, Frosty the Snowmans kids were ill in 3V too. Probably picked them up on the plane.
latest report
Thanks Helen Beaumont, I'm pretty 100% now, but at least one of my travelling companions has developed full on Bronchitis. The TO was several Chalet Hosts down due to the outbreak as well.
snow report
Timberwolf, no problem at all. Sorry to hear you all came down with the lurgy Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy