Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Amazed at this crash

Poster: A snowHead
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/epic-fails-video-playlist-1347212667977782.html

Why was he going so fast and out of control ... And no helmet mmmm !!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bl#£#y snowboarder ...........oh he was a skier
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What a divvy Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It looks like a narrow runs between pistes so he couldn't turn to control his speed. Can't see how he ended up flipping onto his back. I guess the other guy on blades was his mate, otherwise I think he would have kicked off. What language were they speaking?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not sure who was who after that crash, was the guy on ski blades the one who was knocked flying or was he the one out of control? Either way the one with the camera to start with was at fault he had plenty of time to stop before the crash.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
yorkshirelad wrote:
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/epic-fails-video-playlist-1347212667977782.html

Why was he going so fast and out of control ... And no helmet mmmm !!

Not sure what 'no helmet' has to do with it, but the out of control person looked like he had a helmet on to me either way.

I don't think either were skiers but snowbladers (pedantic i know) and both of them looked out of control, but more so the uphill skier.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
He ran out of talent.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Language - I'm going for Flemish.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Amazed the filmer voluntarily posted this clip for the world to see.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cloggie asshole

In other news how shite has Yahoo become if they make you watch an extended Vodafone ad before running every shitty video clip they happen to have got their hands on.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Adblock is your friend.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What a dick , slow down idiot
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Prob, alcohol related

We were in the Dolomite's last week, common site in the boot room in the mornings, young Polish skiers starting the day with shots

Unnecessary crashes like this becoming common
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What an back bottom....hole

Rather than making sure the other guy he hit was ok he fist made sure he wiped his camera lense.

I hope the cock broke both his ankles.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It doesn't always take alcohol to be a total pillock,
snow report
Thats an assault plain and simple. What a tucking foolbag.
ski holidays
The next time anyone asks about trying/buying snow blades, direct them to this video Twisted Evil
ski holidays
while snow blades aren't for everyone , I have seen some people ski very well with them. and it seems like the fella that crashed into the guy in front wasn't turning at all and he had full skis. I think he needs to cop on.
ski holidays
but have you seen the second clip........now that I did laugh at Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
PowderAdict wrote:
The next time anyone asks about trying/buying snow blades, direct them to this video Twisted Evil

Wasn't the bladers fault, it was the muppet on skis.
snow report
@biddpyat, @ster, I've looked at the vid a cpl of times and I'm pretty sure both were on blades. If you look at the moment the assailant makes contact you will see that a. They just look too short for skis and b. I'm not sure you could ever achieve that vertical ski angle if they were full length. It looks as if the assailant was on his back and sliding when contact was made. Could you keep the tips of full length skis off the snow in that situation?

Not that it matters what he was on.

Interested to see some of the rather extreme comments here from @Markab1971, @dublin2, @Gyro, @biddpyat, @coddlesangers, etc. First we have have zero idea that it was alcohol related, and second do I presume that none of you have ever lost control before you became ski gods? Of course, the guy behind was at fault, but these things do happen when skiing/boarding/blading etc.
latest report
[quote. Not sure what 'no helmet' has to do with it, but the out of control person looked like he had a helmet on to me either way.

I don't think either were skiers but snowbladers (pedantic i know) and both of them looked out of control, but more so the uphill skier.[/quote]

the guy being hit was not wearing an helmet and seemed to be in a bit of pain....having seen the damage to a friends helmet after he fell on piste last month on Clavire i would tell anyone to wear one... as it was, he was 'knocked' out and had trouble getting off the mountain and he still had to go to hospital for head scan,... new helmet required on his return..can't imagine what his head would have looked like without the H.
you never know what idiot will crash into you.
In the same week in madonna a manchester friend had someone ski into him, he's a broken collar bone and his helemt was writen off as well...

by the way, if anyone tries to claim on isurance for a new helmet you will not get it...just report it lost or stolen
snow report
Reminds of when Mrs. Dobby got taken-out by a blader in La Thuile....he ended up in the catch netting in front of a log cabin....
ski holidays
Doesn't look as either were very much in control of their feet, one prat takes an other out.

There is a massive difference in knowing you can ski a line and loseing control or falling and like this case two prats way out of their dept

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 17-03-16 17:19; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@Stecleary84, forgive me for being pedantic, but if you 'know you can ski a line and lose control' then you were clearly wrong about knowing you could ski it. Maybe these guys also 'knew' they could ski it? Incidentally, although it's hard to tell it looks like they are going down some sort of narrow gulley which, once entered, they'd have been hard pushed to get out of or stop. Yes, they are probably twits (they are on blades after all) but comments suggesting that they hope he broke his ankles and calling him everything from 'tucking foolbag' and much worse seems somewhat excessive.
ski holidays
These things happen is cowdoo. The guy doesn't attempt to slow down and in fact accelerates throughout the clip. If we are kind enough to accept that this is because he got out of control early he could have taken a sacrificial fall early in the process rather than wait until he achieves terminal velocity before hitting a bump and kicking his mate in the head. Or perhaps slammed the skis/blades sideways to slow like the rest of the competent skiing population. Still the video would have been good evidence to back a manslaughter charge.
ski holidays
@yorkshirelad, and i've been skiing for nearly 30 years and never had an incident that would have any different outcome with a helmet. I am just lucky i guess. I am not going to turn this into a helmet thread because i believe firmly it is down to personal choice. I just don't see the relevance of a 'no helmet' comment when the cause was a tit on blades who was out of control.

And the last statement about insurance is technically fraud, if you are not covered for damage to a helmet and damage it and claim on your your insurance as 'lost' then you are

A. Committing fraud
B. Possibly raising everyone elses insurance premiums.

Not being high and mighty and dont have an axe to grind.
latest report
I agree helmets are personal choice at the moment.. but when you consider there are nutters like these on the pistes then I get a tad worried. I've been skiing 35 years and no head problems either. . but when two friends of mine in the same week in different resorts have their helmets written off it again makes me stop and think.
Fraud .... bit strong... but when the insurance assistant suggests it to you ...do you say yes ?? they either pay for damage or pay for loss.. either way they pay.. if you bump your car they pay out for the repairs on the bumpers do they not .. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You have to admire the skier - Despite the blader weaving left and right he still managed to get him bang between the shoulder blades - Good skills
latest report
quite a few crashes on YouTube. . even ski fights ... one guy strips off to fight..
snow report
What a bellend
ski holidays
@ansta1,
Quote:

if you are not covered for damage to a helmet and damage it and claim on your your insurance as 'lost' then you are

A. Committing fraud

@yorkshirelad,
Quote:
Fraud .... bit strong

You can argue over the severity of it but I don't think there is any doubt this would be insurance fraud.

The fact that they may not cover damage to helmets may seem unfair, but if that's what the policy says and you've paid a premium accordingly then I'm not sure you can grumble. If you don't like the exclusions, then go elsehwhere but it's not really right to try and get round them by lying.
latest report
foxtrotzulu wrote:
@biddpyat, @ster, I've looked at the vid a cpl of times and I'm pretty sure both were on blades. If you look at the moment the assailant makes contact you will see that a. They just look too short for skis and b. I'm not sure you could ever achieve that vertical ski angle if they were full length. It looks as if the assailant was on his back and sliding when contact was made. Could you keep the tips of full length skis off the snow in that situation?

Not that it matters what he was on.

Interested to see some of the rather extreme comments here from @Markab1971, @dublin2, @Gyro, @biddpyat, @coddlesangers, etc. First we have have zero idea that it was alcohol related, and second do I presume that none of you have ever lost control before you became ski gods? Of course, the guy behind was at fault, but these things do happen when skiing/boarding/blading etc.

Yup you are correct to presume I have never lost control to the extent this knob did......in all my years riding. Not much scares me on the mountain apart from idiots like him. It's my main fear for myself and those I ski/snowboard with.

Your suggestion that " these things do happen when skiing/boarding/blading" almost seems to say it's ok. It's not ok, and even though genuine accidents do happen, this was caused by sheer recklessness.
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
You have to admire the skier - Despite the blader weaving left and right he still managed to get him bang between the shoulder blades - Good skills

Reminds me of those funny insurance claims -

"The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him."

"The pedestrian had no idea which way to run as I ran over him."
snow conditions
foxtrotzulu wrote:
@ansta1,
Quote:

if you are not covered for damage to a helmet and damage it and claim on your your insurance as 'lost' then you are

A. Committing fraud

@yorkshirelad,
Quote:
Fraud .... bit strong

You can argue over the severity of it but I don't think there is any doubt this would be insurance fraud.

The fact that they may not cover damage to helmets may seem unfair, but if that's what the policy says and you've paid a premium accordingly then I'm not sure you can grumble. If you don't like the exclusions, then go elsehwhere but it's not really right to try and get round them by lying.

You seem to have missed my subtle point...... The insurance company TOLD the claimant " claim its been lost and we can pay out" where is the fraud and prison sentences come from when you are ADVISED by the insurance company... ??????????????
... If there is SH who would rather pay for something than get it free from the advice of your provider then im at a loss... 😀😃😀😃😀😃
snow conditions
Now this is funny ...

http://youtube.com/v/rjuRY4ftCoE
latest report
yorkshirelad wrote:
foxtrotzulu wrote:
@ansta1,
Quote:

A. Committing fraud

@yorkshirelad,
Quote:
Fraud .... bit strong

You seem to have missed my subtle point...... The insurance company TOLD the claimant " claim its been lost and we can pay out" where is the fraud and prison sentences come from when you are ADVISED by the insurance company... ??????????????
... If there is SH who would rather pay for something than get it free from the advice of your provider then im at a loss... 😀😃😀😃😀😃

I did miss that point up to a degree. However, it wasn't really 'the insurance company' that told your friend to claim it was lost, it was an employee. Suppose a checkout girl at Tesco whispered to you 'Don't bother scanning that bottle of Whisky. Nobody will ever know", then I think we both agree that it still wouldn't be acceptable and it would still be theft. In the example you quote I rather doubt that the employee was giving that advice with the blessing of the company. If they were, the there would be no need to lie about the helmet.

My point wasn't that people shouldn't lie to their insurance company with, or without, the blessing of an agent. They can do what they like. I really don't mind. My point was simply that you can't pretend that it isn't technically wrong/fraud.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy