Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere 2016

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good Afternoon Heads!
Can anyone give me an up to date opinion on the "horror story" drag lifts between La Ros And La Thuile please?
Is it just the Bellecombe's to get to Italy that's nasty, or is it the Chaz Dura Express to get back that cause people problems?
I'm not too worried myself but my wife is a boarder with the fear of all things drag lift.
We're heading there this weekend coming so wind looks favourable...
Thank you
Brendan
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@alfabug, It is ages since I've been to La Rosiere but from memory there are two very long drags to get over to Italy. However they are not steep/difficult just long. They would be fine for an adult boarder. More of a worry if skiing with a child who might lose concentration half way up.

Coming back towards France I once ended up going down a short icy black by mistake I think it was in the Belvedere area. There is a red option I just didn't find it. I'd say your wife does not need to worry about the drags but needs to be able to competently ski a red run to go over to Italy.

There used to be a really slow old two man chair to come back up to La Rosiere. I don't know if it has been replaced in recent years. Chaz dura is a normal chair - nothing to worry about there.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@alfabug, You only need take 1 drag on the way to Italy - Ski right off the end to take the second drag or ski left to take the ski/lift route - There is some lovely skiing in this Col area.

The single drag is very gentle, about 7 minutes in length - I hate drags lifts but apart from burning knees on arrival, never had any problems. There are no drag lifts for the return.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@alfabug, I was out in La Thuile/La Ros a couple of weeks ago, and I've skied there a few times previous. Mrs Skimastaaah hates long drag lifts, I'm not a fan either, but the link from La Ros to La Thuile is gentle. You can't avoid using them (Bellecombe 1 & 2) to get into La Thuile, you could drop off after Bellecombe 1 and head over towards Fourclaz Express, but you'd miss a good watering hole on the way into La Thuile.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chaz Dura Express is a chair, not a drag.

You only have to take Bellecombe 1 (which is long, but not steep or fast) to get to Italy, using 2 as well gets you there quicker but skips the skiing on the Petit Saint Bernard sector which I reckon is some of the best in the area.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The thing is flat. It's a bit of a 'drag', but no biggy. When in La Thuile village, jump in the free taxi/minibus marked up 'La Maison de Laurent', the food is amazing, quality and value. Ask nicely and their own homemade lemoncello may start to flow gratis. Then getting back to La Ros becomes far more interesting. wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you all for the replies, my mind is at ease now.
Sounds like if we can get to La Thiule that's the tricky bit, with the journey back only a time element.
Great tips on where to ski and board in the area.
Our worst fear was being stranded in La Thuile with only a massive taxi option back.
Enjoy the rest of the season everyone!
Any other comments on the area and it's watering holes most welcome.
Thanks
Brendan
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@alfabug,

La Ros is a bit of an après desert. Confused

La Comptoir is about your best bet, not bad if they have live music on.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy