Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Baquiera, Spain.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Honest reviews please from those who have been?

What is the skiing like, is it well pisted etc?
How are the restaurants and night life?

We are looking at going next March on a lads trip to try somewhere new but we are used to the party resorts of Austria, how does it compare?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think SpyderJon ( @spyderjon, went to this resort - you might want to chat to him.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2811498&highlight=spyderjon#2811498
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Rhumage, I've only skied two days but found it well groomed and some nice off piste. The OH did two seasons there, back in the day. Good skiing.

Can't really comment on nightlife as we were staying with locals.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Rhumage, I've spent a fair amount of time there.

Skiing is excellent. Good prospects for everyone from easy blue's to cliff drops.

Night life is Spanish which means that it doesn't really start until midnight. In Baqueira 1500 there is a club that's usually open till the early hours plus hotels & small bars. Further down the valley is better eating and cheaper beer but I don't recall the time for the last bus, depending on how you are fixed for transport.

I've a trip report on here from a few years ago but I think the pics have been lost.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Having also spent quite a lot of time there, I'd second what AndAnotherThing.. says, and I'd add that although it's well-pisted in the sense that they look after the pistes well, they don't bash the last dying breath out of everything, and often leave a variety of pistes alone for more than a day at a time. (Grandvalira in Andorra would be a good point of comparison, where the pistes are always as flat as a pancake.) Or perhaps it's just that Baqueira's snow tends to be fairly fluffy and so it rucks up quickly. March is ideal for the Pyrenees, by the way.

As for being a ideal destination for a group of lads accustomed to Austria, I'm not sure.. the Pyrenees doesn't really go in for apres-ski, for example - although Baqueira offers a decent first drink in the bar at 1500m and you could move on down to e.g. Arties (via car, or bus?) for some tapas for the next one. The Spanish nightlife is indeed fun (sociable and not drunken) but the valley is probably Spain's flagship ski destination and the crowd is generally well-heeled (without the silly pretensions of certain resorts in the Alps) - though perhaps that's right up your street of course! Maybe it depends on how old the group is; it's a place more suited to thirty-somethings upwards than twenty-somethings I would say. To throw in another idea to suit a younger crowd, Sierra Nevada close to Granada in southern Spain could make an excellent lads' trip that fits in both a good mountain and a very fun city.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I thought Pas de la Casa was the Pyrenean resort for nightlife.

That's why I avoid it Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It is an intermediate resort for semi-posh Spaniards.

The Spanish royal family vacations there.

If you are going on a buddy trip, then go to Verbier, Chamonix or Val d'Isere. Far better.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy