Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dog friendly stopover around Troyes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

So, we head off for our first self drive trip on Thursday with doggie in tow and thought of staying over in Troyes on the way out?
Could anyone suggest suitable (cheapish) places there or nearby?

Also, would Reims be a good option for the way back? We head back on 26th and can stopover somewhere.
We are going to Val Disere BTW

Thanks Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.hotelf1.com/gb/home/index.shtml#
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The hotel my partner and I (and our two dogs) used many times is Hotel de Paris in Poligny. There is a vet there as well, which did all the necessary prior to arrival at the ferry port in Boulogne sur Mer. The village is close to the motorway, is the home town of Comte cheese, and has good bars and restaurants such as Le Sergenterie.

I would add, that although Poligny seems close to the Alps for a halfway stopover, once you take into account the stress of winter driving conditions, transfer day traffic jams, and alpine ascent/descent, it is effectively about halfway between an alpine resort and the channel.

Oh, and yup, we tried a stopover in Reims, but it's a rather hectic place to stop (and not good value) - unless you're really keen on checking out its cathedral.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok- thanks Altis, but not as basic as F1 Crying or Very sad

crosbie- think that's a bit further than we would really like, as we are travelling from the Northwest.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boo22 wrote:
crosbie- think that's a bit further than we would really like, as we are travelling from the Northwest.

Ah, well, then do check out the various recent posts concerning routes from the northwest to the alps, e.g. via ferry to The Netherlands and the German autobahns.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@boo22, we have stayed at Hotel Le Val Moret, Magnant, just south of Troyes, very close to the motorway, Logis hotel. With our dog.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy