Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend ski schools?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm planning on skiing over Easter - but the resort I go to is pretty much dependent on whether there are group ski lessons offered over the weekend

I've looked at both Val D & chamonix - there's no group lessons on the weekend - one school in Val D has lessons but they start on Sunday ... My travel dates are Thursday to Monday ...

Is it impossible to Come across a resort with ski lessons that start on the thurs / Friday? Am
I best sticking to private lessons? Are there any resorts that are good for weekend skiing,
Apres and also do relatively cheap ski lessons

Sorry for the tonnes of questions...I've only been skiing once, I had so much fun and really want to get better!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep groups are cheap because they are at set times and aimed at those there for the week. Some ski schools run group clinics but other than that it tends to be private lessons only outside of the Sunday/ Monday start date.

You do need lessons so pick a cheaper resort where you can have some 1-2-1 tuition- you'll find your skiing will come on much quicker than with groups!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've never come across thursday->Monday lessons, I think you'd have to go private lessons route. It's easier for your first few trips to go for a week tbh, but if it has to be a weekend and Easter then avoriaz maybe (close to Geneva for a taxi\hire car transfer) or get the train which opens up trois vallees and paradiski. Easter will be heaving busy though at high resorts with good snow, if no kids I'd probably try and go earlier or later instead!

Are you going with anyone? 3-4 of you makes the transfer cost much more bearable!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, it'd have to be private lessons. Try to go for a standard week. If you're not booked already easter travel is likely to be very expensive.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You're likely to progress quicker with private lessons, and be able to hopefully get an instructor who speaks good English. From one of your other threads I noticed this:
mojitogirl wrote:
I struggled with the lessons at the beginning of the week as I found it really difficult to turn left ... I think I finally cracked it though. I also found it difficult as I don't have much physical strength, so even when I was putting all my pressure on my leg to turn it wasnt enough! Sad

which sounds like the language barrier may have been creating an issue and created a misunderstanding. Turning isn't really a question of putting pressure on one leg or the other as such whilst you're learning, so physical strength shouldn't be an issue in this respect. It's more about moving your body weight into the right place.

If you're looking to learn to ski, you might need to compromise on the apres in the short term as you'll probably find cheaper private lessons in some of the smaller resorts. (You might also find the lessons more productive if you're bright and breezy Toofy Grin)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy