Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I have a dream (freestyle)

Poster: A snowHead
So I have a question, (never been on this site before, but i suppose u can ask questions)

I really really want to become a freestyle skier! But I live in Belgium... the flattest country on earth.
I'm 16 years old and I go skiing two weeks a year in Austria. This year I saw some insane tricks in the park and
now I want to do that also. I'm a good skier, I ski since i was 6, I can do both on- and off-piste (off- is more fun),
I've skied raceski's, I can make normal front jumps and I don't have a lot of fear.
So now my question is : Is my dream achievable? And what could help me to become a freestyle skier?

(It's not that I want to participate the Olympics, would be rad, but I really just want to do some cool tricks and do them with ease)

Thank you for the response! If I get any haha Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Take freestyle lessons on your next trip @elklndr,
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
UCPA do freestyle courses. A week with them would probably get you started.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@elklndr, freestyle is quite easy to train for on indoor or dry slopes. Do you have any near you? Is Snowworld Landgraaf far from your part of Belgium?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Landgraaf is quite far, but lessons seem like a good idea. How much lessons should I take to (for example) land 180s, 360s and some rails ? Thank you for the reply Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Depends how good you are @elklndr, wink The UCPA recommendation is a good one- a week of lessons and full board at great resorts and very reasonable cost.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I checked UCPA out and it really looks very good! Thank you! @Nadenoodlee
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@elklndr, any of these near you? http://www.skiresort.info/ski-resorts/europe/belgium/
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can you get on a trampoline? Stuff like that helps.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kat.ryb wrote:

Especially one with a foam pit.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
where's your closest indoor slope? there's a few in your area of the world!

most domes do freestyle courses, but in all honesty its practice, practice practice. most of the good dome riders will be riding 2 or 3 times a week, every week.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Get some lessons and practice on a trampoline. If you just try to 'huck' some airs you are likely to injure yourself and also get really good at your faults. I judge freestyle skiing!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kat.ryb wrote:

Yes, I have a trampoline!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kat.ryb wrote:

Yes, I have a trampoline!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
eddiethebus wrote:
where's your closest indoor slope? there's a few in your area of the world!

most domes do freestyle courses, but in all honesty its practice, practice practice. most of the good dome riders will be riding 2 or 3 times a week, every week.

That's kinda the problem, the domes are quite far away from where I live and are also very very expensive...
snow conditions
Did you check out the dry slopes on the link I posted too? James Woods started out at Sheffield dry slope.
ski holidays
It's almost summer now. Might be better to get a skate board or a BMX bike?

(disclaimer, I never done tricks on ski, nor bike, only front jumps like the OP. But I did a bit of gymnastic as a kid, found the "air sense" somewhat transferable)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy