Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val D'Isere stomach bugs

Poster: A snowHead
ladymarmalade, don't let these bunch of hypochondriac pessimists put you off. Msot of us have been on tons of holidays without any stomach upsets at all. wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
even with stomach bugs, I had fantastic week away, beautiful place, excellent skiing, so half the people lost one day alternating between toilet and sky tv? I would be back in a flash if I could.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
obviously rather skiing than alternating between toilet and sky tv
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This thread could run and run. wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for your reassurance helen and kladski, i hate going abroad at summertime for this exact reason but thought winter season might be less dodgy (without the heat and flies ya know) i hope youre right and these stories are a minority?

very cheesy johnboy wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ladymarmalade, These stories are in the minority! Very Happy That's why we can remember them because they are relatively rare. Although one TO has been mentioned more than once Sad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ladymarmalade, don't let this put you off - I'm sure some research you'd find some negative stories and comments about any resort/activity you care to name.

We've stayed in chalets for the last 5 years in French Alps - not a days sickness between us. Mind you, its a family group and we self-cater which could be a factor.

Looking at the above threads I'd say the best advice is avoid drinking tap water and stick with wine or beer - or bottled water if you must!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfer...i'm prolly being totally dim but whats a 'TO' ? Puzzled
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ladymarmalade, Tour operator, they all sound like travel agents round here don't they.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hang on guys. If everyone was getting food poisoning from one of the Tour Operators, it would make them more ill than
Quote:
one day alternating between toilet and sky tv
. Bacterial food poisoning makes you properly poorly, and can sometimes even be fatal. What is being described is viral gastroenteritis, of which we're having an epidemic back here in the UK at the same time. The likely reason that Mark Warner have been mentioned so much is because many people bring their children with them to a Mark Warner holiday, children being the main carriers and spreaders of viral gastroenteritis. It is far more likely that you have picked up viral gastroenteritis from the other families on the plane and in the resort rather than from the kitchen.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boris, not strictly true, I'm happy to drink our tap water in Le Rosiere, but we have our own water company. It's interesting to hear the rumours about Val d's & Tignes water supply discussed here, we've heard about this for years, we're in the same valley but had put it down to local myths/jealousy it would appear there is a glimmer of truth in the stories.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kramer, Interesting to know we are in the midst of an Epidemic in the UK at the moment, quick ring the Daily Mail newsdesk!
The fact remains that pro rata the incidence is low amongst holidaymakers in Europe unless on a Mark Warner holiday for the reasons you stated above Confused
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David@traxvax, and Lady Di was murdered by the CIA wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin, no doubt with some help from the snowheads fantasy king, he's mates with all those characters in the CIA and is probably monitoring this forum as we type.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin, only the same epidemic that we get every year at this time.
snow conditions
David@traxvax, I always drink the tap water to, but prefer the vino wink
snow report
Helen Beaumont, oh hehe...thanx for that helen! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
I returned from Val d'Isere on Monday night and started vomiting on the plane on the way home ... only just got back into work today.

Having said that I was in a party of 6 and I was the only one to get ill.
latest report
Have read this with interest (I think that it was my earlier post that Helen Beaumont, was pointing to saying about the bug in Tignes), our rep did put our illness down to Gastric Flu and said that he'd had it a couple of weeks before and that he knew of several other people in Tignes who'd been ill. The fact that all 4 of our group got ill we put down (rightly or wrongly) to the fact that less than an hour before the first of us started being sick we'd all been in the same sauna. It was pretty strange the way one by one we went from feeling fine to being uncontrollably sick within a very short time and with little warning, thankfully about 12 hours later when our Transfer coach arrived (at 5am) all of us felt well enough to travel.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy