Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone with recent 3 Valleys school/instructor experience?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We're off to La Tania in a couple of weeks (please stay cold, please stay cold, please stay cold....) and looking to book in at least 1 private lesson.

Our normal plan is to spend the first day on the slopes, getting back into it, and eyeing up the various ski schools and instructors. We'll then book a private lesson for the second day with whoever has looked pretty competent with their sessions.

This time our first day will be Easter Saturday, so expecting it to be quite busy in the schools so thought we should book in advance.

Has anyone had any recent experience with any of the snowboarding schools in La Tania or the wider reaches of the 3V? For one lesson we can easily travel a bit further afield to get the right lesson if needs be!

Any suggestions or recommendations would be brilliant, thank you!

Jess.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had an excellent experience with Sweet Snow Sports in La Tania. Can't recommend them highly enough.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ibexag, Thanks for that one, I'll drop them a line and get some info.

Cheers, Jess.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For me, I use Marmalade based in Meribel, but they will often be happy to meet you in Courchevel, La Tania, or wherever is convenient.

For my kids I use Magic in Motion, based in La Tania.

I've also heard good things about Sweet, but not used them myself.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
to highjack this thread a little, any recommendations for Les Menuires please?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cab9 or RTM would be other good options for La Tania. New Generation have an office there but I'm not sure if they have any snowboard instructors in LT.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote for Magic in Motion out of Meribel for the kids at least. Excellent experience with them this Christmas.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RTM are excellent.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RTM are fab
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I ear-wigged someone else's lesson for a minute or two and got some very good advice from a New Generation instructor Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks folks.

Have enquired with RTM and Magic. Will update after the lesson with a review.

Jess
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Would like to mention that this has been very helpful!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RTM all the way.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another recommendation for RTM. I know the guys as BASI Trainers, not as instructors*, but highly recommended.

*Someone once suggested to me that the main difference is that a Trainer doesn't have to send you away with a smile on your face... wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy