Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thoughts on Decathlon G-Eye Action Cameras?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey, I'm wading through the massive range of action cameras on offer at the moment and all the useful info on Snowheads.

However, has anyone used any of the Geonaute G-Eye cameras that Decathlon stock? Look good value at between £100 and £169 for 1080p 60fps but I can't find any user reviews on them at all.

Otherwise, are there any recommendations of what I can get by mid next week (ie not shipped from China/US)
Cheers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd really recommend the "SJ Cam" SJ-4000 - get the wifi one if you can.

It's a really decent ripoff of a GoPro (looks almost identical) and they've been so successful that some other companies how now started trying to make action cameras that are a ripoff of the SJ-4000! They're also pretty prolific, so you can find UK resellers rather than just having to buy directly from the manufacturer in China (i.e. should be able to get one with a short delivery time).

I have one, and for the ~£50 you can buy them for, they're fantastic (and support 1080p / 60fps), even allowing for remote viewing and control using your phone over wifi.

I don't know for sure, but when I got mine, I saw somewhere that the ones not marked with "SJCAM" may be ripoffs, but you might need to look into that a bit more yourself.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've never been disappointed with decathlon stuff. I've bought bikes, clothes for skiing,cycling,camping, scooters, accessories and I'm yet to be disappointed. Any product that has fallen below expectation has been refunded or replaced with no fuss. So I doubt you'll be disappointed. The lack of reviews is because it's a new range. I've also yet to see many in store.

Having said all that I've got a GoPro hero4 silver and I love that but it was a present. Consider the hero4 session which seems great value now they've reduced it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have been tempted by the SJ4000 but it's doesn't do 60fps at 1080p, and even at 720 it copies each frame to get to "60" so is more like 30fps still. Still for £56 can't complain too much and probably worth a try. There is the SJ5000 but apparently the software is a little buggy.

Also tempted by the GoPro Hero4 Session, only potential issue is the inability to remove the battery and replace with a spare and would hate being caught short. I wonder if the mobile phone battery recharge packs work on action cams too..
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have the bog standard GoPro hero, and yep mobile battery packs work great on recharging it while you have lunch, or a little liquid refreshment!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers all, have ordered the SJ4000+ Gyro. Keeping fingers crossed it's legit!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy