Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alp d'Huez / Ski France chalets closed - 3 days notice!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, I'm sooooo annoyed.

Just had a call from our tour operator. 15 of us due to go to Alp d'Huez to stay in a Ski France chalet this Saturday for a week.

Chalet has just been condemmed due to knackered drains and it filling up with sewage. 3 days notice!

Two choices.

1) Motterat, our own chalet and valley lift pass thrown in (not 3v pass).
2) Alp d'Huez, 12 of us in one chalet, 3 in another just round the corner. We all get to eat together.

My response.
1) No way, we are meeting 10 other people in Alp d'Huez, we have lessons booked, longer transfer time, plus the chalet you have offered is the exact same one we all stayed in last year and fancy a change.
2) Not really good enough. We'll consider it if you pay for our lift passes. We booked 3 months ago and chose that place on purpose (ski in ski out, sauna, place to ourselves, etc).

They are going to call me back....

So....anyone ever been in a simliar situation? What do you think is reasonable compensation? Any legal types know where I stand?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
edde, The compensation levels will be listed in the booking contract normally, time to go read the very small print! Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Suggest you look in the fine print of the booking form- I suspect they might have legal angle covered, but try and place significant moral pressure on them. IF not covered in fine print play hardball on lift pass
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
edde, sorry to hear this , crystal did this to us with two weeks notice this year but as they offered us similar accomodation ( ie didn't down grade or move resort ) we couldn't claim compensation. Evil or Very Mad

I still might try wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
edde wrote:

1) Motterat

Motterat? They must have been attracted by the bad drains.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I know someone who could fix the drains, but he's very over-qualified.

P.S. Ski France is a good company, in my experience, and I'll be surprised if they don't deal with this fairly.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
edde, Suggest you PM both sarah@alpe d'huez and Katski who deal with rented chalets and live in ADH. One or the other may be able to help, which would put pressure on the TO. If you're meeting others, you clearly want to go anyway - it's low season, so you should be able to find somewhere, even if not ideal. Best case scenario = you get your holiday and you get another free!!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
edde, I sympathise with your situation. The same thing hapened to our chalet last year, the new sewers and drains in the resort failed and filled our chalet with filth. We put our guests, the chalet was full, in a nearby hotel at our cost for four nights until we'd completely cleaned up, replaced carpets etc. Guests complained that they had not received the holiday they had booked and were not happy despite our best efforts to minimise the inconvenience, we were a couple of thousand out of pocket, which we're still trying to recover from the Marie/water company. In retrospect, we would have been better off to cancel their holiday, let them claim on their insurance and take the flak. Sometimes you just cant win. I do hope, however, that you can resolve your problem
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If unresolved quickly get in touch with ABTA for free advice.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Almost resolved!

12 of us in a chalet just around the corner from the original one. 3 of us to go in the chalet next door(or at least very close). 4 free lift passes (for the unlucky 3 and me), upgraded menu. We all get to eat together so the '3' just have to sleep next door.
Just waiting for the new chalet names and confirmation that it is ski in/out and has a sauna like our original and we'll be happy (well relatively).

The small print said they would offer something of equal or better value. It wasn't clear about offering something in a completely different resort. Guess that could be argued.

Of course ski in/out is the most important but......so watch this space.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Laughing
That'd be the Altiport chalets, then. It probably has a sauna, but whether or not it'll be operational is another question.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Never book with a tour op is my advice. Do it yourself is so much more satisfying and you don't get companies playing silly games with you at the last minute. Good luck.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kevin mcclean, Just completed our 5th consecutive chalet holiday with a tour operator. A total of 100 guests (over the 5 holidays) without a single complaint. Each to their own.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy