Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Auron or Isola ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everybody,

I am going to the french Riviera on the last week of march ( Cannes and Nice ) and I am thinking to ski for 2 days in Auron or Isola..but I am not sure what to choose between those two.

Isola looks higher and has more snow but I was told by a french friend that Auron is prettier.

I am an intermediate and confident skier .. I ski all levels but on piste .. I love wide,long and cruisy pistes that I can get some speed with.

any one has been to both or one of them ? any help or information would be appreciated .

Note: shall I consider also the Italian Limone piemonte ski resort ?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi@GiveMe5ive I've just done a seach to find out about ski stations in the Alps Maritime, and I found your post ...
But nobody answered it Sad

Don't anyone go to these very southern spots?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Both resorts are quite nice with Auron perhaps slightly the better. You also have Valberg that is a not too dissimilar size and good for a day or two. There are ski buses from Nice (leave early) that go to each of the resorts (cheaply inc. lift pass). I'd recommend a day at Auron first but 2 of the 3 would be worth a visit over 2 days. There is a village at the bottom of the Isola 2000 road (Isola perhaps) where you could try to find accommodation which would give easy access to both Auron and Isola 2000. Auron has a lift in the valley or you can drive up to the ski base whilst Isola 2000 has a lift before you reach the main resort where I think you can park. Limone could be a nice option too but I've not visited and not sure the exact details for public transport although there certainly isn't the easy ski buses as there are to the other 3. If you have a car would probably be fine.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Think you really have to wait and see on the conditions in the Mercantour before deciding.
We'll be monitoring conditions very closely as we're planning on doing a hut to hut ski tour in the Mercantour early March finishing up with a swim in the Med
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks @Millom, & @Weathercam for your information, it sound as though it would be something worth checking out.
My daughter has just bought a studio appart. in Cannes and want us to go down and check it out and put a couple of beds in there, when the sale has gone through, brobbaly in March.
So we shall see.

Thanks again @Millom
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy