Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Does it exist- Apres of St Anton & the pistes of 3 Valleys?

Poster: A snowHead
Yep! To Per Spoor, brilliant laugh.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Agree about the Schatzi, inside but good for a couple of beers at the outside bar. The Kitzloch's great. I'll be there on Saturday. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kedeng, kedeng. Kedeng, kedeng. Kedeng, kedeng...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Choo, Choo
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

We didn't like the sausage fest in the Schatzi bar

Plenty of women were lapping up (no pun intended) Schatzi. It's not all blokes.

Kitzloch was great for apres but "inexpensive"? It was more expensive than other bars including Schatzi. We were charged more for 4 beers in Kitzloch than Schatzi. Freerider bar was even more expensive. Also the Kitzloch restaurant, whist excellent ribs were served, was a lot more expensive than other restaurants.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thought the apres in Saalbach was rather poo-poo tbh. Maybe I just couldn't find it... Puzzled

Also crap evening bars. Great ski area though. Really really good in this respect.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Legend., Shocked Shocked Shocked Most people, including our current guests, seem to find it a little too good and end up missing ski days trying to recover! Which particular bars and/or apres venues did you try, and which did you think were crap?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
halfhand wrote:
Quote:

We didn't like the sausage fest in the Schatzi bar

Plenty of women were lapping up (no pun intended) Schatzi. It's not all blokes.

Kitzloch was great for apres but "inexpensive"? It was more expensive than other bars including Schatzi. We were charged more for 4 beers in Kitzloch than Schatzi. Freerider bar was even more expensive. Also the Kitzloch restaurant, whist excellent ribs were served, was a lot more expensive than other restaurants.

To be fair, we were there fairly early in the afternoon at the Schatzi, when the girls had just started dancing, then left about 5. We didn't like the music and the man/woman ratio was about 10-1!! It may well be better once it gets going but we decided not to hang around and find out.

Kitzloch isn't especially cheap but it's a great laugh!

Legend. wrote:
Thought the apres in Saalbach was rather poo-poo tbh. Maybe I just couldn't find it... Puzzled

Also crap evening bars. Great ski area though. Really really good in this respect.

What and what!?? Where on earth did you go? Did you miss the Hinterhag party (and the Goassstall in Hinterglemm?) and the live bands at Bobby's and the Underbar? There are loads of great bars!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Schatzi's best for sitting outside with a beer watching the end-of-day carnage on the final piste opposite before going somewhere better.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rossyl, Ischgl
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
An important change, is that we need to stay in a self contained chalet for about 8-12 people. I have learnt that Saalbach-Hinterglemm does not really offer this.

So anywhere else?

Apres - like Mooserwirt
Skiing - like 3 Valleys
Costs - Like St Anton/Meribel

Would Ishgl fit the bill?

Thanks
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ischgl fits the bill.
Apart from the chalet.
In Austria the focus was and is on hotels. But there are some apartments available.
You might also reconsider St.Anton. This summer the lift towards Zürs-Lech will come. Much gentler skiing here.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@rossyl, Try homeaway.co.uk or the Tourist Office website - Saalbach.com which should bring up a few options for 8-12 people.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There are a few chalets in Ischgl, I know Ski Total operate some, although they sleep more than your party.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@rossyl, AFAIK St Anton has the biggest range of chalets in Austria.
snow report
The Dolomiti Superski is the largest ski area in Europe Very Happy

Selva has at least two bars that offer Austrian apres ski- Luislkeller and Kronestube (may have that name wrong). Not expensive either.

We love it and have no desire to return to France after discovering the Dolomites!

No blues to get back to resort but several areas with easy cruising nearby eg. Corvara.

Can't help with the Chalet though

Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Quote:

An important change, is that we need to stay in a self contained chalet for about 8-12 people. I have learnt that Saalbach-Hinterglemm does not really offer this.

Try Pension Enzian or Ski Miquel's Chalet Christina
snow report
Ischgl's apres knocks St Anton's into a cocked hat. The connected ski area is larger too.
ski holidays
Quote:
The connected ski area is larger too.

You are not so very well connected yourself so it appears: Lech and St.Anton are to be connected this summer.
snow report
MCL wrote:
The Dolomiti Superski is the largest ski area in Europe Very Happy

Selva has at least two bars that offer Austrian apres ski- Luislkeller and Kronestube (may have that name wrong). Not expensive either.

We love it and have no desire to return to France after discovering the Dolomites!

No blues to get back to resort but several areas with easy cruising nearby eg. Corvara.

Can't help with the Chalet though

Madeye-Smiley

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Keep it quiet.
snow report
Morrissey wrote:
Ischgl's apres knocks St Anton's into a cocked hat. The connected ski area is larger too.

Very true. Pistes are rubbish in St Anton. Apres almost non-existent in St Anton - just large crowds of desperate mid-aged men, hoping a woman will walk in the door. But they don't. They have all gone to Ischgl. Best to just go to Ischgl and save yourself the angst.
ski holidays
I'm a seasoned Ischgl fan after 4 consecutive years ,but we are considering Solden as an alternative for next years boys trip.

Will it live up to Ischgl?
snow conditions
@hedley, I've only been there in summer (though driven through/past several times in winter) so no comments on skiing and apes, BUT personally I find Ischgl a much more attractive village.
snow report
@clarky999,agreed.

I drove through on the way to Obergurgl last year and it isn't a picture postcard Very Happy
Although Ischgl is large and sprawling it does manage to retain a classy shopfront despite all the shenanigans that you can get up to.

I am in Obergurgl next week so may take advantage of the 10 euro add on to ski Solden for a day.

Both are intermediate paradise but I guess its the apres I'm looking to compare as it will be a boys trip
Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I saw a woman in St. Anton once. Frightened the hell out of me Toofy Grin
snow report
@hedley, I like Solden. Its not the prettiest of places but the skiing's good as is the apres. But it's not Ischgl. I've ony been to Solden once when we decided to take a break from Ischgl. Spent most of the time wishing we hadn't changed.
ski holidays
@Corky, that's my worry
ski holidays
@clarky999, @hedley, back from the main drag and especially across the river Sölden is not too bad and is more Alpine. The road through does not get much heavy traffic to be honest, despite what people believe. The toll road over the Timmelsjoch is only open from June onwards and the width as well as the gradient and hairpins the other side makes it totally unsuitable as a "trans-Alpine" route for any but tourists!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Samerberg Sue,

But Tourist? Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy