Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

We won a holiday, but now there are no seats on the flight!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Mrs JB won a trip to Zell am See on 4th March, but now Topflight have said that flight is booked up and they are looking for availability on other flights and to other resorts. I could possibly use this to our advantage by suggesting other acceptable destinations.

From their brochure the following are acceptable:

From belfast:

Sallbach
Kitzbuhel
Westendorf

From Dublin (3.5 hrs drive)

Avoriaz
3 Valleys
Val D'Isere

Madonna di Campiglo

Where would you go given the choice???
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnboy, Saalbach or Kitzbuhel.
(It's not just the drive to Dublin, but parking, etc, and the nice drive home when you're knackered)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnboy, Saalbach definitely, and see if you can bring it forward by a week when there will be a few Snowheads in the resort!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My worry is that they may try to put us on a flight in late March, in which case would a high french resort not be a better bet????
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnboy, ah, I thought it was going to be around the same time. If it turned into a late trip, Westendorf will definitely give you access to skiing.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I suppose it doesn't really matter as it's free
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Someone should start running ski charters from City of Derry for us culchies
From Omagh:
Dublin 2hrs + traffic
Belfast 1 hr + traffic
City of Derry 35 mins, no traffic and free parking if memory serves right
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How the hell do you get to Dub in 2 hrs??? That's good going Brian

WTFH,

Is there enough in Westie to keep me going for a week? Already been to Soll and skied all of Ski Welt except Westendorf
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnboy wrote:
How the hell do you get to Dub in 2 hrs??? That's good going Brian

I think it's the +traffic bit that counts!
I've done Dublin (St Stephen's Green) to Belfast (Holywood Road) in an hour and a half, but that was after a gig, so we left at around 3am.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
johnboy, I've not been to Westendorf before, but when I worked in the ski industry, I had a friend who used to go there every year at the end of the season, once he could shut up shop for a week.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
johnboy, Isn't Westendorf now linked to Kitzbuhel? Maybe it's not open yet?!?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
johnboy, we're going to Westendorf on Saturday - we've been there a few times a full time learners and this is the first time we'll be free ranging. My impression was that there is a couple of days ski-ing in the Westendorf area and then access to the rest of SkiWelt and also Kitzbuhel now via short links. You might find having been to Soll that Westendorf is 'more of the same' - I don't know the SkiWelt area.

Transfers to the 3V's and Val D'Isere are both pretty long ~3hrs but on average they would be more expensive if you paid for yourself.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We do have the option of going to Austria on 4th Feb, but our flight arrived back from Bergammo that morning and it would mean driving home for a quick fry up before heading back to the airport for the Salzburg flight!!!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Paul Holland, Kitzbuhel and Westendorf are now linked - there is a short shuttle bus transfer (I think it's roughly a mile)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
johnboy wrote:
We do have the option of going to Austria on 4th Feb, but our flight arrived back from Bergammo that morning and it would mean driving home for a quick fry up before heading back to the airport for the Salzburg flight!!!!

Why not stay at Aldergrove?
latest report
Quote:
johnboy, How the hell do you get to Dub in 2 hrs

I used to have a Nissan 300ZX and regularly did Phonix Park to Omagh in an hour and a half or less at 6pm every Friday until I was caught doing 42 in a 30 in Castleblaney (or was it Carrickmacross). If he had got me 10 miles earlier he would have locked me up as I was doing 130+ for quite a bit racing a 911 since Ashbourne.

I now drive an avensys diseasel and keep to the limits (ish)

Strangely, with all the road improvments in the south, 2hrs is pretty realistic even sticking by the limits
latest report
WTFH,

I could, but I would just get pissed!!
snow conditions
johnboy wrote:
WTFH,

I could, but I would just get pissed!!

I refer my honourable friend to the question I asked earlier:

Why not stay at Aldergrove? Laughing
latest report
OK, but only if you fly in to share a few pints with me
snow report
Any of the Austrian options from Belfast. All wonderful places with great skiing.
snow conditions
Everyone seems to be leaning towards Austria
ski holidays
johnboy, Austria has very good snow depths at the moment and come late March will most probably still be fine. It's just the temperature that may be the issue which no-one can predict! Saalbach is the best resort/skiing with Kitzbuhel close behind. Both offer similar altitude skiing (up to 2,200m) with Saalbach resort slightly higher at 1000m. I'd put them both above Westendorf which is more limited in terms of the level of skiing (direct from the resort at least). Saalbach has the advantage of a high number of north facing slopes if it does get too sunny, but on the down side the other side of the valley faces south!!
snow conditions
Thanks hayley t,

I think Saalbach souns good, will try to persuade Topflight to send us a week earlier, and I'll buy you a gluwein (spelling)
latest report
johnboy, That would be good, may see you on 25th Feb then!
latest report
johnboy, I'd see you then too if you came .... stand up for the ulster men! wink
latest report
Still don't know where we are going yet, topflight have to get back to us, but we will lobby for Saalbach.

It would be good to meet snowheads other than WTFH Shocked
ski holidays
pales into insignificance rolling eyes wink
ski holidays
Michelle, Shocked Shocked Shocked

Still haven't had a decision from Topflight despite Mrs JB phoning on a daily basis. I think they are selling as many seats as they can. Then we'll probably end up with some slushy resort withy 25km of piste Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
johnboy, Why don't you see how much you would have to 'add' to give yourself a chance to get a guaranteed resort and guaranteed time of your choosing? I know you don't want to pay anything - but this must be stressing the crap out of you now and if in the end you get some waterfall somewhere no-ones ever heard of you'll not be best pleased!!!!

At least why not ask them how much to guarantee seats on a specific flight - its pretty easy to sort out the resort after that ....
snow report
johnboy, I assume the T&C's stae 'subject to availability', but why don't you try telling them how much adverse publicity they are getting on SnowHeads.
latest report
Adamski,

They will get another call today to see what the score is. A bit annoying considering the origional package they presented was worth £2,000 on their brochure!!!!
snow report
Don't hold your breath johnboy, ... I know someone who won the cost of their Topflight holiday back from them.. but they never received the money. And I won a EUR100 voucher with them, but gave up trying to chase it !!

Fingers crossed for you though !!
snow report
johnboy, have you checked yourself if the flight is full?
ski holidays
Mrs JB was taking to a "senoir" member of staff earlier, who was apparently shocked that we hadn't got sorted out yet and hopes to have something for us by the end of today. We'll see.............
latest report
johnboy, I would never EVER trust a senoir member of staff .... much better to deal with someone who's been there a long time or is pretty high up wink
latest report
Still waiting Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Just spoke to Mrs JB.

Topflight haven't got a clue what they are doing!!!!

Now trying to send us to St Johann on 11th. No thanks
latest report
60km of piste

670m-1700m

Sounds like a slush fest to me!!!!!

Thankfully Mrs JB told them it was unacceptable
snow report
Here's a couple of suggestions (with good snow conditions):

http://www.topflight.ie/hotel.php?hid=20

or

http://www.topflight.ie/hotel.php?hid=34
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, wink wink wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy