Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zell am Ziller

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone skied here? Looking at booking for Easter trip. Any feedback would be good. Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure this is the best option for a beginner. I made some suggestions on your previous thread that would be better. The smaller area in Mayrhofen (Ahorn) has possibly the best beginner slopes in the valley although not as good as many other places for convenience. Unfortunately ruling out expensive places and lower resorts your choices are a little limited. Pitztal should be good value and has good skiing for beginners needs. Galtur is the best option in that valley for you and is a nice pretty area. I've not skied in the German area I mentioned but have passed by in summer. I would email the local TO for prices and options (give a price range if you like) rather than use Booking.com or similar.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Millom, hi thanks again. What about Mayrhofen?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As I say above, one side has some ok beginner runs at the top (Ahorn), the other side is more intermediate. One other possibility a little further away is Rauris.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had one holiday in Zell am Ziller, after having spent most of the week the year before skiing Kaltenbach because there was no snow in Neiderau.

First, you have access to the whole valley. All passes of 3 days or more are full Zillertal area passes, and they include all the buses, and the valley trains.

The best beginner runs in the Zillertal Arena area (apart from the nursery slopes at the top of the Rosenalmbahn gondola) are over in the Gerlos area, which you can reach by ski bus. WHen you get confident on easy reds, you can ski over there.

But if you are looking for good beginner areas, I would take the train down to Kaltenbach (1 stop, Kaltenbach station is just across the car park from the gondola). There are some easy runs straight off the gondola, and then towards the bottom of those, you can get the 8 man chair up to a large wide blue area.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
it's actually all passes of 2 days or more that cover the entire Zillertal area (ie Mayrhofen, Zell am Ziller, Kaltenbach and Hintertux)

if real beginner stuff is required then agree on either Gerlos (kind of the other end of Zell am Ziller / Zillertal Arena area), which has a big wide ace blue for practicing on (I often session that run), or Kaltenbach, which is a short walk from that station.

Easter should be fine. I'm there next weekend, it's snowing now, and Easter is soon.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Going there next week I'll let you know what I think.

One more sleep
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I to ski there way back in 85 i think. 2 weeks with nothing but a few hours dry slope lessons. Seemed perfectly fine to me but i was all about learning the craft not too bothered about seeing new slopes every day. Oh and quite a healthy apres scene too if limited choice.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are nursery slopes at the top of the Rosenalm gondola, so if you are a complete beginner these would be fine. As others have said there is a lack of blue runs though, so assuming you are there for a week you might want to head to Kaltenbach once you graduate from nursery slopes. If you're in ski school I'm sure they'll take you to the right places anyway, and Kaltenbach is easy to get to from Zell.

Conditions are very good at the moment, we skied above Zell yesterday. More snow is on the way so it's looking good for easter. The valley runs (i.e. the runs from the main area back down to the valley floor) are looking poor, but I think that's normal, you would want to descend in the gondola anyway as a beginner.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you are able to ski easy red runs, you will have a blast. Great slopes and fantastic views. Do not ski down the valley run. It is terrible. Download in the gondola instead.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Also maybe look at staying in Gerlos as that would put you in the middle of the linked up area with Zell am Ziller and Wald/Koenigsleiten.

(I may be slightly biased that way as I spent quite a few Easter holidays there in my late teens/early twenties)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy