Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thank you, kind sir...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Today, about 10am just past the 'ralentir' signs near Datcha at Val D'Isere, kind gentleman wearing red (possibly deep orange...) who came racing through the signs shouting 'Out of my way! Out of my way! Out of my way'. May I suggest you learn a little patience, politeness and perhaps some French?

Also to the gentleman who whacked my 3 year old daughter in the face to get through the gates into the Olympic station ahead of her, I doubt you're concerned, but she's ok, thankfully she had a helmet and goggles on.

Today made me very embarrased to be english... definitely tarnished my experience of European skiing.

Great snow though Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Canuck, ....I find it difficult to judge exactly how to react to these kinds of behaviours - I think I have begun to stand well back and think - it's their problem - as long as no damage has been caused to me or the kids - I have in the past occasionally reacted and had a pretty adverse reaction back...not a good experience
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Canuck, ....I find it difficult to judge exactly how to react to these kinds of behaviours - I think I have begun to stand well back and think - it's their problem - as long as no damage has been caused to me or the kids - I have in the past occasionally reacted and had a pretty adverse reaction back...not a good experience
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Apologies for double post - weird iPhone anomaly....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

at Val D'Isere

There are arrogant knobs everywhere, but I suspect that some resorts attract more than others rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@valais2,

yeah - I posted something last season about being (rather ineptly) assaulted by a 30 something snowboarder when I challenged his rude behaviour
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Canuck, was tango man out of control or just being rude d!!k? though even if out of control he could have at least aplogogised

@valais2, its a bit like road rage, as the older I get the less I get bothered by the cockwombles on the road its just not worth the hassle, I just tend to sit in lane 1 and watch the numpties tear up ahead then brake very,very,very quickly and sharply
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
He was under control, provided nobody got in his way! If someone accidentally went out of control and shouted to warn people, that could be forgivable.

I have to say though, all the lifties and staff here are increadibly friendly, especially when you're with a child. They really go out of their way to help you out.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Canuck,
Quote:

I have to say though, all the lifties and staff here are increadibly friendly, especially when you're with a child. They really go out of their way to help you out.

we found exactly the same with all the locals we dealt with in france including the E.S.F, hire shop, restaurant and (unfortunately) all the medical staff we met due to our daughter having an accident on the slope.

it amazed me the amount of British who could not (or would not) even say a simple please and thanks in French, that in my experience goes a long way.

Direct link to this post

Rate Post: ? :: ? (?)

Fri 04 Mar, 16
17:39

function openAllSmiles(){
smiles = window.open('quick_reply.php?mode=smilies', '_phpbbsmilies', 'HEIGHT=300,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,WIDTH=250');
smiles.focus();
return false;
}

function quoteSelection() {

theSelection = false;
if (window.getSelection) {
theSelection = window.getSelection().toString();
}
else if (document.selection) {
theSelection = document.selection.createRange().text;
}

if (theSelection) {
// Add tags around selection
emoticon( '
Quote:
\n' + theSelection + '\n
\n');
document.post.message.focus();
theSelection = '';
return;
}else{
alert('Select a text anywhere on a page and try again');
}
}

function storeCaret(textEl) {
if (textEl.createTextRange) textEl.caretPos = document.selection.createRange().duplicate();
}

function emoticon(text) {
if (document.post.message.createTextRange && document.post.message.caretPos) {
var caretPos = document.post.message.caretPos;
caretPos.text = caretPos.text.charAt(caretPos.text.length - 1) == ' ' ? text + ' ' : text;
} else {
document.post.message.value += text;
}
}

function checkForm() {
formErrors = false;
if (document.post.message.value.length < 2) {
formErrors = 'You might want to enter a message when posting.';
}
if (formErrors) {
alert(formErrors);
return false;
} else {
if (document.post.quick_quote.checked) {
document.post.message.value = document.post.last_msg.value + document.post.message.value;
}
document.post.quick_quote.checked = false;
return true;
}
}

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@tangowaggon, "There are arrogant knobs everywhere, but I suspect that some resorts attract more than others"

I am curious to hear which resorts you think attract the knobs and what do you think causes this. (Its a serious question Puzzled )
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The most memorable rudness I encountered was also in Val D'Isere, again a middle aged English male, who seemed particularly irritated that two of us decided to fill up the four man chair lift, with him and his mate. He shouted at us as we sat down on the chair accusing us of not controlling our poles! He then talked loudly all the way up the lift about how much money he was going to make from a company take-over somewhere or the other; to be frank I couldn't have been less impressed. As we approached the top I informed him that if he cared to ski down to the village I was sure he'd find a shop where he could buy some good manners, especially as he was going to be soooo wealthy. Also, he skied like a numpty Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Les Deux Alpes, 3 years ago. I managed to fall over on a dead flat bit of the glacier, early morning and the pistes were empty. Don't ask how I did it though!!!! I had just got up when a northern English bloke came flying past shouting " get off the f*****g piste" . There was no one else around on the very wide stretch of piste......ignorant git, he then proceeded to whiz down to the lift and push in front of a few people. If I had caught my breath I would have screamed a very rude word at him. No need for it. Next time I will try to fall over at the edge of the piste ok ?????
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I got shouted at in December in Val d'Isere this year by a Brit as I stopped to pick up a Ralentir sign that another Brit had knocked over.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Damn Brits, right up there with Russians if you ask me.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy