Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cortina - navigational advice requested

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

After having received some really useful tips on request about recent trips to Arabba and Les Carroz, I thought I'd ask you again. This time, it Cortina, departing 12 March Very Happy

Specifically,
1. Are there any areas that can be combined (by ski bus, which I hear aren't too frequent? Puzzled ) in one day or are they all one-day only affairs?.
2. How long is it back by bus from each area (or, alternatively, which website is the best for bus timetables?).
3. Regarding the Super 8 route, part of it looks to be by road on a bus? Is that correct? And if so what are the logistics like re connecting with it? Are you waiting in at a bus stop with no facilities nearby or right next to a roadside refugio (this makes a lot of difference... Smile )
4. While I'm pretty confident about the standards in any random mountain rifugio, is there any in Sh's opinion that are a cut above the rest and MUST be visited?
5. Any tips re the Happy Valley (times to avoid; stops en route; is the horse pull fairly regular?)

suec
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We went 3 years ago, lovely.
2 busses, reasonably frequent to the 2 mian areas, the third area was closed when we were there due to too much snow...
Both busses pass both areas, but you have to ask to stop if you are on the wrong bus.
We were in the centre and bus lengths weren, t long, 10 mins ish....
I think busses were 10 to 15 min intervals.
Each area can cansume full days so no need to swap mid day.
Super 8 was un reachable due to heavy snow fall. 3m on roofs, some sports centres were left to collapse as too dangerous to clear.
Lovely town, restaurants swapped off days around and 10% off in certain restaurant s..
Hotelliers were great and helpfull with all quieries..
We would all go back.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OK. Thanks. Very helpful - particularly reassuring to read that each area is large enough to not need to endlessly transfer.
We're hoping all the recent snow doesn't melt while we are there!

suec
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy