Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go? 3 Valleys suggestions please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We're booked in to La Tania for Easter week. It's the first time we've boarded in the 3 valleys, so wondering if anyone has any suggestions for good places to play.

It's about time I started to improve my jumps and play with 180s etc, so wanted to have a look at a park for some rollers etc.

There seem to be lots of parks all over the area. Has anyone been out there this season and can recommend where is good to head to for a play and experiment where I can slip and slide my way around without getting under the voards of folk trying to take a decent run at stuff?

Plus are there any pistes / side off piste / off piste that we should definitely try to head for or avoid?

Thanks,

Jess.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Take a look at our local website www.latania.co.uk.. I'm sure it will give you some ideas.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that suggestion and link... hadn't seen the depth of info once I found the right section before...

Will get reading and match some notes to a piste map.

Thanks!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I did 3 years on the bounce in Val Thorens. The 3 valleys are amazing. Find the run from meribel called- Jerusalem, its a red with rollers, voted in top runs int he world, i lapped it about 15 times, it mega. Courchevel has a decent baby park for learning some freestyle. Meribel has the moon park, and Val Thorens has their big park. If you can head to Orelle, nice area. But really you just want to go on the lifts and see where you end up. If the snow is good you'll have a cracking time. Just be mindful of last lift times. A lot of people miss the last lifts and get stuck and have to wait around for bus transfers, as it can take some time to get around the full 3 valleys.
Bit Vague, bit hope it helps.
Alasdair Owner - The Northern Movement |Snowboarding Scotland
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lots of info (including that picture above) is available on Dennis Summerbell's (RIP) site:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dennis.summerbell/skiing/skiingindex.html
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Moonpark off the Plan de l'homme lift above Meribel offers quite a variety of jumps etc, there's also a gentle park in the middle of Courchevel which is not too crazy.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@altis,

Quote:

Lots of info (including that picture above) is available on Dennis Summerbell's (RIP) site:

What happened to Dennis?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I believe he died of cancer - ironic given he worked at the Institute for Cancer Research.

I can't find the reference now so most sincere apologies to Dennis and family if I have this all wrong. His notes are still a great resource for anyone wanting to venture off piste in the 3V.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thank you folks for all that info.

Looks like the family park in Courchevel is a good place to start, and, from Dennis' very full notes, have a look at the off piste above La Tania

3 and a half weeks now! Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would recommend Val T if you haven't been to the 3 valleys before. It's much higher up, the bowl is big, and there's plenty of side country. You can ride over to Meribel and Courchevel easily enough.

Also, and not knowing your situation, it's much cheaper in terms of lunch. Personally, I found Val T much more chill. Courchevel is full of rich people and that kind of party, which can be fun, but not really 100% my thing.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy